28 - Start Line: Neo

Start from the beginning

.

Izuku watched as Neo's eyes whirled, taking in the vast world around him. He was quiet, simply watching everything go by. He never let go of Katsuki's hand, and unconsciously, the blonde slowed down to let him walk at his pace.

'How long had it been since he'd seen the open sky for him to be this fascinated?'

Neo watched the clouds in the sky and turned his head at all of the sounds around him. He watched people laugh and joke and play, it was the silent wonder in his eyes that made Izuku smile, just a bit.

'We have to make sure this goes well. For them.'

Izuku left on his way, not seeing the curious glance thrown his way as he disappeared.

"What is this festival for?" Neo asked. He'd taken in all of the sights he could from the outside, and they were making their way into the building since they were heading over to the venue where Class 1-A would be performing.

Neo, while he did not dislike the festive atmosphere around him, found it unfathomable. Why were they laughing? What was the purpose of their words and actions? This was an establishment meant for learning, right? What did humans learn that didn't involve harming others?

What did Katsuki wish to learn at this school?

Hero. He'd mentioned this term when they were trapped together. He still did not understand what it meant in full detail aside from the fact that they saved others from villains and other criminals.

How is one taught to be a hero?

"People gather to do different fun activities," Momo answered, seeing it as her chance to get closer to him. "We socialize and showcase different talents we have."

"Talents?" What does that mean?

Momo went on an enthusiastic tangent about the subject, and how everyone has something that they're good at. With that information in mind, he locked his gaze on his Amity.

"Katsuki and Eri's talent...?"

"Me?" Eri tilted her head, thinking. "Um, I don't know if I have one."

Neo looked at her, sifting through all of the files he had on her. If she did not know her talent, he was certain that he'd recorded it for her somewhere. Eri has lots of talents to him. "Eri is strong. Eri is kind. Eri is helpful. Can these not be 'talents'?"

The poor girl was not ready for the onslaught of compliments and had to quickly shield her eyes from the brightness her little brother emitted just by existing. She was left a blubbering mess trying to deny it, but Neo wasn't hearing any of that.

"Eri is a good human."

"Tin Can. What do you think my talent is?" Katsuki knew that he was fucking awesome. He just wanted to hear Neo say it. He couldn't stand the fact that the little shit (Eri) was getting all of the praise when he was the first.

Katsuki was not jealous.

Neo stopped walking completely, facing Katsuki with his full attention.

"Katsuki Bakugou, why are you asking something you should already know?"

Neo looked at Katsuki as if he was dumb, shocking the blonde. "Without Katsuki Bakugou, I would have died." He stated bluntly, shocking the others.

This is the human that proved to him that there was a reason to hold on to hope.

This was the human that proved to him that he wasn't in a world of nothing but pain.