Chapter of the Story

Start from the beginning

Slowly I open the door to the astronamy room. Moon sits silently staring into the night sky through the glass.

Her face is flushed with tears. I haven't heard her utter a single word since the day he died.

Slowly I sit next to her and hand her some food. She takes it without a word and places it next to her.

Gingerly she leans into me. I wrap my arms around her softly.

"It's going to be ok Moon. One day, your pain will not heal, but numb. You will learn to live on." I tell her while running my hands through her hair.

"Just think about what he would've wanted for you. Or what you would've wanted for him if the roles were reversed." I soothe.

I kissed her head lightly. "I'm going to head to sleep. I love you, see you tomorrow." I whisper, before standing up and walking towards the door.

"Wait," a small soft voice squeaks. I turn around and see her gorgeous green eyes looking at me.

"Thank you Qibli. For being here for me. I love you too." she squeaks. I walk over to her and give her a soft kiss on the lips.

"Are you tired?" I ask noticing the bags under her eyes. She nods. "C'mon baby. Let's go to sleep." I urge.

Slowly she stands up and walks with me to her room. "Wake me up if you need anything." I say as she lies down in her bed.

I kiss her forehead and lay down in my own bed across the room.

Slowly I fall asleep.

I wake up to screaming about five hours later. My eyes fly open and I immediately rush to Moon.

This happens every night. Her nightmares are terrifying.

She awakes with a jolt and looks around wildly. "Hey, look at me Moon. Calm down you're ok. It was just a dream." I say softly. She starts to relax.

"I can't sleep." Moon squeaks. "Distract me so I don't fall asleep again." she adds.

"Uh- do you want to live in the Sand Kingdom for a while. Or move somewhere else?" I ask quickly.

"No offense, but somewhere new. Not the Nightwing village, or here, or Pantala. Maybe like a meadow somewhere in Pyrrhia." she replies.

I smile softly. "Like my vision?" I guess. Moon blushes and nods softly. She looks at rhe ground a moment sadly.

"Thinking about him?" I ask. A single tear falls from her eye. I reach out and wipe the tear from her pale face.

"It's ok Moon. I understand. Just know you're not alone. You have me and I have you. Come here." I soothe. She crawls into my arms.

I held her gently, and run my fingers through her hair. This was one thing I loved about Moon.

She didn't like weakness, but wasn't afraid to show it. I also love that we have eachother's backs. When I go through a hard time she is there for me, vice versa with her.

For now, I am going to be the caring boyfriend that she can go to when needed, because that is what she needs right now.

I rested my head on hers. I hear here silently cry.

I just shush her and hold her tightly. "I miss him so much." she cries. I nod. "I know. We all miss him. It's ok baby." I soothe.

She sniffs. I untangle her hair gently. I hate that she is hurting. All I want is for her to be ok again.

The last she was completely ok was before any of this had started. Before she turned 16 and was sent away to the academy. I want her to find that peace that she had.