My Turn

- Moon

Qibli let go of my hand to push his mother away.

That was his mistake.

In a second the futures flooded into my head. Me being kidnapped.

I opened my mouth to scream a moment too late.

Two people clamped their hands over my mouth and I fought.

I kicked one of them in the stomach and the other in the face. I punched one of them in the face causing him to get knocked out.

The other stood up and I did a round house kick to their face.

I ran forward and touch Qibli's hand. He didn't react. A final person appeared and hit my hard in the head.

My mouth was gagged and I was losing vision. The third person grabbed my arms and dragged me by them.

My last vision was Qibli with his back to me and Cobra smiling cruelly.

"Qibli." I whispered. And then it went black.

"*"

My hands were tied behind me and my mouth was still gagged.

When she wakes up we will interrogate her.

That let me know not to open my eyes.

I searched the futures for an escape. It was a low chance.

The clearest one was this: These people tortured me for information for months and months.

We were in some hut on the coast of the Rainwings. Qibli searched for me. He never stopped. Two or three years later he found me. I was barely functional.

Brain damage. Couldn't remember anything at all. Never recovered.

Not a great future. So I searched for others.

My personal favorite: I escaped in a month. Risky beating up dangerous criminals. But I ran to Rainwing village and met up with Queen Grandeur. She contacted the Sandwings letting them know I'm safe.

I would meet up with Qibli in about 2 to 3 months.

But in that time I would be tortured and persisted. It was risky but around a 45% chance of happening.

It was good enough. Alright lets play along this future.

I stirred slowly and they all stood up immediately.

I opened my eyes and inspected each of them.

All of them were covered in skull tattoos and they stunk. Two boys, two girls. All Sandwings.

I recognized one of them as Cobra, she looked about 40. The oldest a male around 65, I assumed to be Vulture. The other two were younger maybe early twenties.

They smiled at me.

This is Qibli's family? How? How do you go from creepy tattooed people to someone as amazing as Qibli?

I listened to each of their thoughts. First Cobra's.

Surprised Qibli bought my distraction. He is quite a smart lad. Luckily Sirroco and Rattlesnake could deal with her in time.

Then Vulture's.

Imagine all the jewels we could get from her! All the money! Qibli will do anything to get her back!

The young female.

She's a good fighter. I'll give her that. Not sure what Qibli sees in her though. Nothing too special.