Stupid

- Moon

My vision is blurry. I can't focus enough to see who is speaking to me. I immediately realize that I hear no thoughts.

But my physical hearing seems to be ignoring all other sounds.

I hear thoughts.

What happened to her? Is she injured? What happened? If I can get ahold of at least three disks I can throw them and kill whatever dimwit messed with my sister quickly.

Deathbringer's thoughts.

My vision is still blurry. But I hear bits of things.

"Moon, please look at me. You aren't focusing on anything! Can you hear?" the voice asked. My head was too foggy to even figure out who is talking to me.

"I can't!" I screamed.

I can't hear! I can't see! I can't go on without Qibli.
The sentence had many meanings.

"Are you injured?!" the voice said panicked.

I racked my brain for people who would hold me.

Deathbringer, but it's not him. Kinkajou, maybe Winter, Father, Mother, under extreme circumstances Ostrich.

There was one other person, but thinking his name was impossible without going back into the pain.

Tears streamed down my face.

"He's dead." I sobbed. "Qibli's dead." I kept repeating those words.

My hearing let me hear a bit for a moment. "I'm right here Moon."

All at once my vision un-blurred and I could hear again. His thoughts were still blank.

I stared into his worried chocolate brown eyes. His dirty blonde hair that was falling over his eyes. I reached to put my hand on his defined jawline.

He stared wildly at me.

"What?" I whispered.

My eyes focused on his eyes.

"Talk to me baby. What happened? Why are you screaming like you are dying?" he asked frantically.

I blinked at him.

"I saw— you, what?" I breathed. "Moon, I'm not dead." Qibli said softly.

I closed my eyes firmly and searched the future. He was in no future I saw. I was still alone.

The tears started flowing again. "No! I'm going crazy. You're not here!" I sobbed.

He looked around in disbelief. "Moonwatcher look at me." he said firmly. I did. I always would.

He put his hand on my and led it to his face. "Feel that? Warm skin. Look at my eyes. They move around. Listen to my voice. It's calm, but worried." he spoke quietly.

I searched his face in disbelief. And then I saw an amber earring in his left ear. I reached to touch it.

The moment I did it all went silent.

I couldn't see the future. I couldn't hear any thoughts.

It's so quiet. Peaceful. Normal.

And then it was scary. "I can't see! I can't hear!" I shouted.

My hand fell from his earring and it came back. My sixth and seventh sense returned as quickly as they had vanished.

I touched the earring again. It went away.

My eyes widened. "Qibli take off your earring." I begged him. He did immediately.

Is she hurt? What is going on? Moon, why are you not responding to my thoughts? Are you ok? Please be ok. Please don't be injured and dying.