Siblings

- Qibli

I looked around in silence as everyone else had. Winter is going to die.

That Icewing prince is officially on his deathbed. It was hard to imagine.

I was suddenly aware of Moon's hand in mine. I looked at her and she was stunned and afraid. At first a wave of jealousy was all over me, jealous that she is afraid for Winter to die.

But I realized that she was probably feeling what Winter was feeling. I squeezed her hand and she came back to her normal self.

We looked into eachother's eyes. I could look into her eyes forever. Overwhelmed by its tortured beauty forever.

Queen Snowfall walked in a circle eyeing all of us. "General Morrowseer will be handling the remaining part of your war training. For those who are being disposed you may say some final goodbye." Snowfall said before boundinh gracefully out of the room.

I stood up and held out my hand for Moon to take. She took it slowly still speechless.

The moment she was standing I engulfed her in a hug.

I didn't even care if she was listening to my thoughts.

Lord, thank you for sparing this girls life. If she had died, I would die. I need Moon as much as I need air or water. Thank you thank you thank you.

Moon let out a shaky breath her warmth tingling as it whoosed past my ear.

"I love you Moon." I whispered. She didn't respond but I didn't need one.

I know she loves me. No reason to get upset if she is still shocked by todays events.

"We can go home now." I told her. She was quiet. Then she smiled a ghost of a smile.

"Qibli, I can sleep tonight completely free of terror." Moon said quietly. I kissed the top of her forehead.

"We all can." I replied.

Although that was not true. People like Winter or Ostrich are definitely scared.

I winced at the thought of Ostrich. We were friends back home. Nothing like bffs forever, but she would sell bread and knives and I would buy them and do some small talk.

I would chat with her in class sometimes too. So not the biggest heart break ever, but it stings. A lot.

I wrapped my arm around Moon's waist as we walked out of the wretched building.

When we were outside the sun was in the middle of the sky. The last wave of realization finally hit me.

I am not going to die soon. The Icewings will not get to me of Moon. We are safe now.

Moon smiled too. She felt the relief as much as I do if not more. I have always been afraid of dying, but I never imagined it to be true.

When I lived with Cobra fighting equaled survival. I have been fighting my whole life. Being afraid of that was my irrational fear.

Until I met Moon. When I fell in love with her. I became terrified. I was scared the Icewings would kill her, and then I saw her fight and was scared our fellow initiates would try and kill thr competition.

When we left I was scared something would happen to her, and when we were together again I was scared for her mental sanity with the whole mind reading thing.

We got back to the place we are staying right now.

I looked down at Moon. My eyes locked with hers and I kissed her gently on the lips. She kissed back and it was a gentle sweet kiss. One to show our love simply.