Reunited

I need help, I swear I wrote something about a spin the bottle game with Qibli in this book. Do any of you remember that or am I crazy?

- Moon

We have been traveling to Pyrrhia for two days now. We should arrive later today.

I don't know how to feel. But Deathbringer is buzzing with energy.

You would think he was forced off of alcohol for a while and now he gets to have it again. But I understand, I would probably be the same if it were Qibli I was coming back to.

It is helpful though. He keeps us on schedule so we don't get delayed. One of the only times I have personally seen Deathbringer be useful.

Darkstalker smiled the moment I thought that. He gave me a subtle nod in agreement. I smiled too. He walked away shaking his head with a grin on his face.

Darkstalker on the other hand is extremely useful. He used his magic to keep anyone from coming or seeing where we are going.

It is on the edge of the Nightwing sector os the continent. It is abandoned, but just in case.

I pick berries off of a bush in boredom. I hear rustling and Mandrake appears at my side.

I give him an awkward smile. "Hey Moon." he says slowly. "Hi." I say and concentrate on picked berries.

An awkward silence falls.

I cant leave. But staying is so awkward! DARKSTALKER COME SAVE ME FROM THIS AWKWARDNESS!

Sadly, Darkstalker does not hear my pleas.

Mandrake clears his throat. "Why does it have to be like this? We held easy conversation and were comfortable around eachother before, now I can't even talk to you without shutting me out." he says.

That I can answer.

"The more people I shut out the less people get hurt." I reply quickly. "What? Why would we get hurt?" he asks.

I gulp. He doesn't know yet.

"The less people attached to me, the less that live with the grief when I die." I explain.

"Moon, everyone is going to die. Don't ruin your life just because you want to lower the damage." he says with a sigh.

"No. I mean I am dying within the next few weeks. At some point during this war. The chances go up everyday. The visions get brighter by the second." I clarify.

He stares me in the eye. "You're going to die?" he asks in disbelief. I nod looking down.

I feel his arms around me. I'm about to push them off when he says something.

"You can't die. I love you! I cant-no!" he stutters. My heart stings.

"Loving me isn't a good idea. I already have three people I am going to seriously mess up when I'm gone, I don't want you to be the fourth." I whisper.

"I'm already the fourth! Are you forgetting about Cricket, Blue, Sundew, Willow, Luna, and Swordtail? They all will be hurt!" he exclaims.

"I know that. But it won't be like the three I have in mind. Four I guess." I sigh.

He puts his hands on my shoulders.

"You can't count feelings like that! Who gets the worst of it? Who feels less of it? We all feel Moon." Mandrake explains.

"Mandrake! Listen. What I am saying is, Darkstalker, Deathbringer, and-and Qibli don't take it well. Especially Qibli." I whisper the last part.

"Luna and Swordtail, they cry for a couple weeks then they heal. Qibli- he spends months locked in an astronomy tower not talking, barely eating. So overwhelmed by grief in some futures he kills himself." I say.