Chapter of the Story

READ THIS! This is sadly the last chapter of Fight or Die. Follow for the updates on the sequel.

- Moon

It's done. The war is over. The queens are dead. We are free.

I'm not even supposed to die for many years now. Something tells me I should celebrate right?

Not a chance. Not with him gone.

I walked back to camp in silence. We were all silent. Even our inner thoughts were quiet.

About halfway through our walk back to camp Darkstalker left to go do something. I didn't bother asking what.

We where on the edge of the forest when I finally broke.

"He's gone." I sob leaning into Qibli. He just wraps his arms around me and silently cries.

"How did I let this happen? How did I not see it coming? He didn't deserve that." I whispered through my tears.

"I know. I know Moon. It was his choice though. Don't hate yourself for it." Qibli soothed sadly.

I wiped my eyes. "We need to get back." I say. Again we proceeded to head back to camp.

We were walking towards our tent when someone ran up to us.

My heart sank.

Glory.

She catches sight of us and runs up to us. Immediately I am engulfed in a hug. "I'm glad to see both of you guys." she says joyfully.

I stare at the ground. Qibli gives her a pitiful expression. "Where's Deathbringer? I haven't seen him come back yet?" she asks casually.

I take in a sharp breath. "He's not coming back." I whisper. Glory looks at me like I'm joking.

"Yeah right. Seriously where is he?" she asks. I shake my head.

"He was stabbed." Qibli says quietly. She is silent for a moment just searching our faces for any trace of a joke.

Eventually she comes to the conclusion we aren't lying.

"He's dead?" Glory whispers in disbelief. It takes all my emotional strength to not break infront of her. I slowly nod.

Her eyes fill with tears. "I need to go." Glory decides before rushing away towards a tent.

I feel horrible. I know how she feels. It's the worst pain I've ever experienced. Losing the person you thought you had forever with.

I walk with my head down towards the middle of base where Darkstalker stands.

I stand next to him.

"We have lost many brave soldiers in this battle. But I am honored to announce, both queens are dead. And the war is officially over." he announces.

Everyone cheers. "For anyone who lost somebody important to you, I am dearly sorry. I've witnessed many deaths, but now we all know they died for a purpose. It wasn't pointless. May we remember them forever." Darkstalker finishes.

Everyone looks at me. I gulp. "You may think that we are just spouting crap about our fallen soldiers. Like they don't matter. Like we don't know ehat you are going through. So before your thkughts go any further. Just today I have lost my brother, Deathbringer Star, in battle. He died saving me from Queen Snowfall. Some may celebrate. But for the rest of us. I hope we are able to grieve in peace." and with that I walked off stage and towards my tent.

- Qibli

It's been a month since the end of the war. Moon and I have been living in the Sandwing palace. Except this time with guards.