I even decorated the table with beautiful flowers and scented candles. Hinintay ko ang kanyang pagdating. To my surprise, he was accompanied with a woman and another gentleman.

Tiningnan ko naman ang phone ko, hindi ko nabasa ang texts niya na mayroon kaming mga bisita. Binilisan ko naman ang pag-aayos ng mesa at dinagdagan ang mga plato.

Nakakainis naman si Daxiel!

He was setting me up to fail. He should've called me when I didn't respond to his texts.

Oh, he actually called. I was just really busy in the kitchen.

Once I was done adding more plates, I went to the main door to greet the visitors.

Pasimple kong kinurot si Daxiel Gustav Jr. I was introduced to the man and woman, it was Mr. Tan and his daughter. May partnership yata si Daxiel sa matandang lalaki. Hindi naman ako pamilyar sa mga terminolohiyang ginagamit nila sa kompanya.

"I'm sorry for the short notice. They invited me to dinner, but you already texted me you were cooking. Instead I invited them over." He explained to me.

Ilang minutong tumingin ang kasama niyang babae sa akin.

"You have a wife?" Tumaas ang kilay ng babae.

She looked at me from head to toe. Kahit tingnan niya ako nang may panghuhusga, hindi naman ako mapapahiya sa kanya. I was presentable enough for the dinner. I was rarely not prepared, only during times I wasn't feeling well.

Right now, my spirits were high.

"Actually, I'm his father's wife. I just recently met Daxiel," I smiled at her.

I guided them toward the dining area. Nauuna kaming dalawa ng babae samantalang busy naman ang dalawang lalaki sa pag-uusap sa likuran namin.

"So, after his father's death, you're onto your next target?" Her tone was taunting me.

She was smiling mockingly. Nanatili akong nakangiti.

Sanay na sanay na ako sa ganoong klase ng tao. Honestly... they were right.

"Yes, next target agad para umariba. Right? You think you have a chance, huh? I'm sure, next time you'll be here, kasal na ako sa kanya." I sighed dreamily.

"He's an educated man, he wouldn't be swayed by a woman like you."

"Oh, dear. His father is an educated man as well, it didn't stop him from marrying someone like me." Kinindatan ko siya.

Isang tingin pa lang sa babae, ramdam ko na agad ang kanyang pagtingin kay Daxiel. She was into him. Tumitibok iyong pagkababae... este, 'yong puso niya para sa lalaki. I couldn't blame her, the man's good-looking with biceps and a body of a god.

Iba't ibang paraan ang atake ko sa mga kagaya niya. It depends on my mood. Minsan umaarte akong parang isang api, may mga pagkakataong pinapantayan ko lang ang kanilang energy. They hate it more.

They call me gold-digger. It's the truth, I give them that. I own it and they can never use it against me.

"Shall we eat?" I asked them.

Naglabas ako ng mamahaling wine na kasingtanda ng una kong asawa, charot. I served the dishes, still warm. It was a good thing I cooked so many, the visitors could have choices.

"Oh, thank you, Gustav! You're so sweet!" She even looked at me as she was saying those words.

Pasimple naman akong natawa lalo nang masilayan ko ang ekspresyon ng mukha ni Daxiel. He hates being called in his second name.