M031

2:00 PM | same day

Beomgyu entered the house and was welcomed by the scent of Turkish Kabab being cooked on the stove. He was also greeted by the warm welcomes and chuckles by his parents.

ROSE: Beomgyu! You came home late then usual. Is everything alright? [she was standing in the kitchen counter, keeping an eye on the kabab]

JIMIN: Sup son! How was college?[he said as he took off his socks and tucked them in his shoes. jimin had just arrived from work.] Yeah, you came very late today. What's the special occasion?

BEOMGYU: [he tiredly smiles as he kept his bag on the sofa and fell next to it. the boy was hella tired] College was fine, dad. We got lots of assignments for the weekend though. Um.. my friend had invited me to her house, so I agreed. [starts untying his laces]

JIMIN: [looks at Rose with stunned eyes] Oww! Her? Which one? Let me guess, it was Ryujin?

BEOMGYU: [smiles on hearing her name] Yes. I went to her house.

ROSE: [looks at Jimin with a playful smile] Ohhh! First it started with you mentioning her name but now her house too? What's next? Her hand in marriage? [sits next to Beomgyu]

BEOMGYU: [stunned and looks at her] huh? No! No! I told you, she is just a friend to me, mum!

JIMIN: [playfully rolls his eyes as he leaned on the sofa in front of them] Just a friend? Come on Beomgyu! Do you really think holding a girl by her chin and telling her to keep her attention on you is a friend thing? Not to mention you are mentioning her name 24/7!

BEOMGYU: Uh... [awkwardly chuckles] Dad, I just want her to stay safe and feel comfortable. You guys know how much I respect girls.

ROSE: [chimes in] We know, we know, Gyu. Is just.. we have never seen you act and love a girl with this much passion. Have you seen how much hyper you become when you just say her name? You literally smiled when we mentioned her name!

BEOMGYU: [playfully roles eyes] Oh come on mum! She is my friend! Of course I'll smile when I'll hear her name! [rose nod her head as she disagreed] Oh come on! You guys are acting as if I have never made girl friends!

JIMIN: I mean... we ain't wrong.. [shrugs shoulder]

BEOMGYU: [grumpy face and crosses arms] Fine! What about Yeji, Lia and Yuna!?

JIMIN: Well, I am not sure you if you have noticed this but they all are taken. Yeji is engaged with Yeonjun. Lia and Soobin are dating. Yuna has a clear crush on Kai. We raised you as a gentlemen so you automatically know to not look at them in that sense. Do you get what I mean?

BEOMGYU: [freezes] (Wait.. they ain't wrong... I never looked at anyone with that love sight..)

ROSE: [chimes in] Ryujin is the only girl you have met who is not dating or in a relationship [note: beomgyu did not tell jirose about ryujin's relationship with lee] Not to mention you guys get along so well.

BEOMGYU: [bites lower lip] (I-I mean they ain't wrong but.. I don't know... I don't feel anything towards her... but... I think I also do...? God, my feelings are so numb...)

JIMIN: Listen, son. We are not forcing you to like her or something. Is just... we wanna see you happy.. with someone you love... more than a friend and.. we think Ryujin suits you. I hope you got my point.

BEOMGYU: [gets out of thoughts] Y-yes, dad. I got your point. I'll think about it but... like I told you guys. I am not interested in dating anyone.. I hope you guys also understand my point..

Jimin and Rose smiled softly.

ROSE: It's alright, gyu. We understand. [rubs his back]

BEOMGYU: [smiles softly]

There was pause.

JIMIN: Plus, son. Did you know your mother was just like you? [smirks as he looked at her]

ROSE: [reds up] OMG PLS NO!

BEOMGYU: [plays along] really? tell me about it!

JIMIN: [chuckles] Your mother was just like you, shy and numb about her feelings. but everything changed when she....

ROSE: SHUT UP! OMG! [hides her face with her palms and runs to her room]

Jimin and Beomgyu laughed seeing her react like that. Jimin called her, telling her that he won't tell Beomgyu anything.

JIMIN: Ya! Baby! I was joking! Come back! [looks at the kitchen and notices smoke coming out] Baby the kababs! [runs to it]

ROSE: You handle them! It's your fault for making me embarrassed!!! [shouts from the other room]

JIMIN: [whines] Babyyy!! [pouts] I don't know how to cook them! [moves the spatula weakly]

Beomgyu on the other hand couldn't stop laughing. His parents truly know how to lit his mood.

. . .

10:36 PM | same day

It was late night and the house was fast asleep. All the lights were closed and the only source of liveliness was Beomgyu's room.

Beomgyu was sitting on his study table, next to his bed, and his room lights were also closed. It was just his room's fairy lights and his yellow lamp luminating the place. The street light coming from the pulled curtains also helped.

Beomgyu had his glasses on and was doing geometry in maths. During the work his parents words were playing in his mind.

"Have you seen how much hyper you become when you just say her name?"

"With someone you love... more than a friend and.. we think Ryujin suits you."

"Do you really think holding a girl by her chin and telling her to keep her attention on you is a friend thing? Not to mention you are mentioning her name 24/7!"

During the thoughts, Ryujin's picture kept popping in his mind. A smile automatically appears on his mouth when their moments reply in his mind.

From time to time Beomgyu would doze off, thinking about her. He would try to keep his attention on his studies but Ryujin's image would snatch it.

BEOMGYU: Tsk... why is she coming in my mind? [murmurs] Ugh! Stop smiling like a freak you idiot! [rubs his face and leans back on his chair]

BEOMGYU: (What is happening to me? What is this weird feeling I am feeling? Could it be... [chuckles] No, no. I can't fall for her. We are friends. [pause] But... [their first encounter played in his mind] She is cute....)

Beomgyu was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard his phone vibrate.

Beep!

IG: @/sforsoobin has sent you a message.