M023

9:15 AM | Next day (Wednesday)

It was lunchtime again!

Today, the group decided to sit in the lunchroom to eat. They were sitting in the middle and near the window wall. The room was finely packed. Beomgyu and Ryujin were sitting together, with Yuna and Kai in front of them.

Yuna was 'complaining' about the salon not doing her nails correctly this morning, whereas Kai was trying to tell her that she was the one who was hyping them to hurry.

Beomgyu couldn't stop laughing from their adorable argument.

During the laughter, Beomgyu noticed that Ryujin was continuously glancing over his shoulder, with a worried expression on her face. Beomgyu followed her gaze and saw Lee and his group of friends. Another girl was sitting with Lee, and he had his arm around her waist.

A disgusted expression formed on Beomgyu's face.

Beomgyu then looked at Ryujin, who was so absorbed in her thoughts and worried that she did not notice him looking at her. Ryujin was scared that Lee might attack her and her friends again and make a scene. This was quite normal for her.

Beomgyu playfully rolled his eyes.

BEOMGYU: Hey. [grabs her softly by her chin, causing her to come out of her thoughts and locking eyes with him] Don't look at them. Look at me.

Ryujin could feel her heart beating, this time faster than yesterday.

RYUJIN: (Why is he making it so hard for me..!!)

They continued to have eye contact. Yuna and Kai noticed and exchanged glances, a playful smile playing on their lips.

Ryujin could feel her cheeks going red again, and she immediately looked the other way, her hair covering her face. She rested her chin on her right palm.

BEOMGYU: Why are you looking in the opposite direction?

RYUJIN: Uh-um-Just like that. [takes a bite of her carrot]

Beomgyu's eyes went to Yuna and Kai, who were trying to hold their chuckles.

BEOMGYU: (Why are they acting like this? I just wanted to divert Ryujin's attention to our group.)

RYUJIN: Uh- um- I have to send someone a quick message. Um, be right back, guys. [immediately gets up and leaves]

Beomgyu nods his head as okay. After she left, he decided to start a conversation.

BEOMGYU: So... Yuna, how are you and your crush?

Kai, who was taking a bite of his salad, looked up at Yuna and Beomgyu.

YUNA: Well... We are doing fine. I am planning on gifting him something.. [playful tone]

BEOMGYU: That's nice! I hope he likes your gift [looks at Kai] What about you, Kai? Do you have anyone on your mind?

KAI: [clears throat] Um, no, not really. I am not into any girl nowadays. I just want to focus on my studies.

BEOMGYU: Huh? Really? Are you really not into anyone?

KAI: [takes another bite] Yeah, I mean, girls are kind of annoying sometimes. I just wanna stay single until I at least reach college.

BEOMGYU: [nods] Mmm.. that's nice [short pause] Yuna, will you go on a date with me?

KAI: WHAT?! [looked at Beomgyu with popped eyes and a horrified facial expression]

KAI: [starts choking] What the fck hyung?! You [coughs] can't do [coughs] that!

BEOMGYU: [chuckles lightly] Why not?

KAI: Because [coughs]

YUNA: [worried expression] Omg Kai, here have some water. [gives him a bottle of water]

KAI: [takes a sip] Because Yuna has a crush! Right Yuna? [coughs]

YUNA: Yeah, but I can ditch him for-

KAI: NO! [interrupts] You are not ditching him! [takes another sip of water] You keep dreaming about him, and hyung, for God's sake, don't ever mention this ever again.

Beomgyu couldn't stop laughing at his reaction. It was hilarious.

BEOMGYU: [laughs] Fine, I was just joking.

KAI: [puts hand on chest] Oh my god, I almost had a heart attack. [taking deep breaths]

YUNA: Omg, Kai, let's go to the bathroom. You got salad all over yourself now.[gets up and helps Kai stand up as well. She keeps her hand around his shoulder and helps him walk]

Beomgyu watched them. Yuna turned around and gave Beomgyu a thumbs up with a smile, to which Beomgyu replied the same way.

It was all planned, of course.

Yuna told Beomgyu about her liking Kai, but Kai never showed any interest in her. So she wanted a sign from him if he did or not. So Beomgyu made this plan with her yesterday on their phones.

Beomgyu was all alone now. His mood was great. He had given the assignments on time. His plan worked out. No one disturbed him or his friends. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, people were smiling.

It was a great day.

Beomgyu lay back and relaxed.

However, he was suddenly disturbed from a notification on his phone.

Beep!
IG: @/reobiscuits send a message

A smile appeared on his face as he opened the app to reply to her.