M014

7:18 AM | Monday

Beomgyu was walking down the hallway of the institution. There was an hour and 30 minutes left before classes would start, so he wanted to resolve his issue with Ryujin as quickly as possible.

As the boy was walking, Miss Yeri spotted him and signaled him to come over to where she was standing. Beomgyu walked up to her and noticed another boy, who looked younger than him, standing next to her.

YERI: Beomgyu! Good morning! You came to the school quite early today. [smiles]

BEOMGYU: [smiles back] Yes ma'am. I prefer studying a bit early before my classes so that I can grab good knowledge before learning from my teachers.

YERI: [smiles from listening to his statement] That's great to hear. Well Beomgyu, meet Kai. He is in year 10, and he will be your guide for this year.

KAI: [the two boys shook hands with a smile] Nice to meet you, hyung!

BEOMGYU: Nice to meet you too, Kai!

YERI: [smiles at their interaction] In our institution, we choose old students from year 10 to guide our newcomers in their first year. This helps the younger ones to be responsible and form a sense of respect for their older ones.

Beomgyu nodded at her statement. The three had a small talk before Yeri left the two boys to themselves.

Kai began showing Beomgyu around the institution. He also gave the elder one some tips and notes for talking to the teachers and getting his way done here. The place was big, and Beomgyu was impressed by Kai's confidence and formal way of talking.

The two boys were having a great time. They quickly became frank with one another. Kai loved Beomgyu's nature and optimistic attitude. He was good at consoling the younger one every time the younger one would bring up the topic of externals, which Beomgyu had already given.

30 Minutes later

KAI: And this is our tennis court!

The tennis court was surrounded by the institution building. The shadows and soft rays of sunlight made the atmosphere cool. The cold temperature added more to it.

KAI: There is more I have to show you, but since classes will start in 30 minutes, I think it would be better if we continue our tour after classes. In that way, we both would be more relaxed and will have more fun exploring the place.

BEOMGYU: Alright, as you say so. Thank you so much for showing me around this place, Kai. I felt honored. I hope we will continue to interact-

Right then, a tennis ball came flying towards the two. It went between the gap of their heads. It could have hit Beomgyu, as it leaned towards him more, if his reflexes didn't come in.

???: Oops! Sorry, guys! [a feminine voice caught their attention. It was a girl dressed in a blue tennis suit and holding a dark blue tennis racket, wearing a white cap]

KAI: Yuna ya! [annoyed] How many times have I told you to be careful when playing!

YUNA: Yaaa! It's not my fault the ball wanted to go the other direction, Kai!

KAI: [frowns] I'll talk with you in private. Not shu shu! [signals her] You are embarrassing me in front of my guest!

YUNA: Guest? [looks at Beomgyu] Oh la la, when did you get promoted to be a guide, Kai? [extends her hand] Hi! I am Yuna, Kai's childhood best friend.