Chapter 12

Becky's POV

Martha took the mic and signaled everyone to sit down before she began "Good Evening ladies and gentlemen, Iam very happy and thankful to have you honor my invitation with your presence here today, as you all know, we are celebrating our 25th year anniversary together with my lovely husband Anong, my daughter is also here today with a special guest, her girlfriend Becky Armstrong. Thank you all once again and enjoy..." she blew off a kiss to them all as she walked down the stage and they clapped cheerfully...

But I was having an inner turmoil with what she had just said.." what, girlfriend? I thought I was here as her secretary? I could feel myself suffocating.

I rushed towards to garden to calm my nerves. Not long after I got into the garden. I was followed by Freen who apparently had been watching my moves ever since her mom dropped the mini bomb...

"WHAT was she on about?" I whispered-yelled at her pointing towards the door of the hall.

"Did I hear her right? I thought I was here as your secretary? So what was that about being your girlfriend?" I asked her angrily...

She looked up at me eyes filled with guilt. "Iam so sorry Becky. I never knew it would get you so angry, Iam sorry for not telling you my real purpose of bringing you here. I didn't bring you here as my secretary but as my girlfriend who will some day be my fiance and then be my wife. I only used work as an excuse to get you here. That seems to be the only way you would agree to come. I'm really sorry but I think am falling in love with you, please let me make things right with you. I promise I will never let go of you, I will never leave you if that's what you are afraid of, please do give me a chance Becky. I LOVE YOU" she looked at me with teary eyes and I could feel my heart shredding into pieces.

Just how can I say no to her with all that she is going through? And I have to admit it. I like her too.

I looked up at her and smile, "OK I will give you a chance to prove. "I could hardly finish what I was about to say when she engulfed me into a killer hug..

"Thank you. I promise you won't regret it" she whispered as she took my hands and walked me back to the hall....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Don't forget to like and comment if you're still enjoying the story)

-Your innocent author P.D