chapter 15

sleepovers became a regular thing with gray. you had a spare key to his place and he had one for yours.

well, everyone on team natsu had a spare key for you. your house kind of became a regular hang out place for everyone.

the sleepovers were never weird though. there was no cuddling or kissing or touching. just two friends keeping each other company.

nobody knew about this, not even gray's full time stalker juvia. you both didn't feel it was necessary to bring it up.

today you went out on a job with team natsu. it was defeating some forest monsters and the job was pretty easy.

"good job, everyone." erza says and looks at the scene of 20 forest monsters defeated.

"I'm exhausted." lucy sighs and sits on the grass.

"we have to go collect our reward, so get up." erza tells her. lucy shoots up, listening to erza immediately.

you think you're the only one not afraid of erza. it seems like she feels the need to protect you because of jellal. and maybe that's how gray also feels because of ultear.

gray puts his hans up for a high five. right before your hand could make contact with his, an arrow shoots right between your face and strikes into the tree.

"what the-" gray is cut off when hundreds of arrows begin to shoot you and your team. you all immediately begin to run.

"what's going on?!" lucy asks. you all didn't feel the magic presence of anyone else in the forest. the arrows are coming from a million different directions, so you're not able to stop and attack.

"I'm not sure! we have to split up!" erza says.

lucy, natsu, and happy run in one direction. wendy, carla, and erza run in another, and you and gray split up.

the arrows had stopped shooting at the other members, but they continuously came for you.

you didn't make it far before you tripped on a branch. you turn around and another arrow comes flying towards you before landing in the patch of grass besides you. this one had a slip of paper wrapped around it.

you pull out the arrow from the ground and analyze it. there was no magic to it. it was just a regular arrow. you unwrap the piece of paper from it.

it was blank until magic writing started to appear.

sweet betrayer, your little secret is about to explode into chaos. the shadows are hungry for retribution, and your name is their favorite chant. brace yourself for the merciless consequences, scripted by the guild you dared to cross. the whispers have turned into a thunderous roar, and your clandestine world is about to crumble. this isn't just a plot twist; it's your descent into the abyss. beware, for the wrath of the guild is a relentless storm, and it will find you in the darkest corners of your existence.

you stand up and look around. there was no one. you couldn't feel any other presence. whoever sent the note and was shooting the arrows is good at disguising themselves.

"y/n!" you see your teammates running towards you.

"are you okay?! what was that?" gray asks.

"I-I'm okay." you say with shaky breath.

you're certain you know who did this. in crime sorciere you made a lot of enemies with a lot of different dark guilds, but this was before your time with crime sorciere.

"a note?" erza questions.

you look down on the note. "they're after me..." you say quietly and you hand the note to her. team natsu reads the note quietly.

"who's after you?" gray asks.

you don't say anything. you don't want to say anything. you worked hard to move on from your past.

"this is a serious threat, y/n. we want to help you, so we need to know who is after you." erza tells you.

you decide to stay quiet about who you know it was and make up something else. you regain yourself, "I have a lot of people after me. I defeated numerous of dark guilds, it could be anyone."

erza nods, "well if they were able to find you here then they must know your location and are keeping tabs. let's collect our reward and to your place."

-

the team made a decision to sleepover today. they insisted you stay somewhere else until there's more information on the threat, but this is your home and you intend to protect it.

natsu and happy were eating away everything in your fridge. wendy, carla, and lucy were baking something. erza was taking a bath. and gray was sitting on the island with you in the kitchen.

"you're sure you know nothing else about the note?" carla asks. you shake your head.

"it was kind of spooky. sounded just a little bit snarky." lucy says.

what everyone really wanted to ask was about the secret the note mentioned. the note is clearly from that knows a lot about you. but they understood that you'll tell them whenever the time is right. right now, their priority is getting you through the night.

-

night time came and you stayed up most of the night. all you could do was think.

the next morning came very slowly. you went downstairs to prepare breakfast for the team. there was then a knock on your door.

you opened the door and it was the mailman.

"l/n?" he asks. you nod and he hands you a big yellow envelope and walks away. you close the door and rip it open. you never get mail.

inside was many polaroids of you. some dated back to your crime sorciere days, some were with gray in bed, some with fairy tail, and some of you just doing daily things.

there was also a note.

your secrets, once hidden, now dance on the precipice of revelation. the shadows you thought were your allies have turned predators. brace for the impending storm, as the chilling truth unfurls. your clandestine performance takes a dark turn, darling, and the suspense is palpable. consider this your ticket to a nightmare—no applause, just the eerie resonance of your secrets exposed.