chapter 10

"i'm not a fan of fighting children." you state as you stand there in your rose thorn armor.

"don't underestimate me because i'm younger!" she yells and casts a large spiral of wind. you place your palm out in front of you and a large tree root comes out from the ground and shields you from the attack.

the tree root is then sliced in half. cheria had used her winds to do it. your eyes widen. she lands a kick in your stomach and you skid back a couple of feet.

there was then a huge explosion and large beam of light from afar. it shook the ground completely. both you and cheria were frozen in place. the two of you blinked and then looked at each other, continuing the match.

you place your palm out again and vines emerge from the ground and rapidly make their way to cheria. she jumps up before they can strike down on her. an extra one creeps up behind her and pushes her down.

you feel you're wasting your time, but fighting kids was never your style.

she slowly begins to stand again. "stand down!" you say and more vines come towards her. she gets ready for the impact, but it never hits. eagles made of ice cut the vines in half before they do.

"this is too tough of a fight for you, cheria. then again, your opponent is y/n." lyon vastia says.

you didn't expect lyon to show up too.

"you're a master at requip magic. i've heard all about you from different guilds, but you never stopped at lamia scale. we would be honored to have you as a member, especially after your win against quatro puppy's stronger member." he says.

you requip to your fire armor, aware of his strong ice magic. he managed to hold his own against kagura and milianna from mermaid heel.

"cheria, you can sit this one out. i got this." lyon steps forward and adjusts the cuffs of his sleeves.

"what?! i found her first, she's mine!" cheria protests.

"run along, cheria. she's an opponent far too strong for you." lyon shoos her off.

cheria gets back onto her feet, "two of us can get it done faster! there's still other ones we have to save our energy on like laxus and minerva."

"jura will surely be able to handle them." lyon says confidently. "but i guess you're right. we should rush this along." the two get in fighting positions.

your scythe lights on fire and you get ready for anything. the three of you stand in silence, neither wanting to make the first move. you're sure you can take them on in an individual level, but you'll struggle together.

"2 vs 1? that doesn't seem fair to me. it's not like you to do this to a lady, lyon." a voice says from behind you. you turn around and gray is approaching yall.

"gray, i was surprised to see you were able to take down rufus of sabertooth, considering he kicked your ass in the first game." lyon taunts.

"he handed all our asses to us that first game." gray reminds him. gray places a hand on your shoulder and looks down at you, "you mind me joining?"

you smile, "of course not!"

- time skip cause i suck at battles slay -

you and gray were tired. they weren't the toughest opponents of the competition, but they were stubborn.

"that was their downfall." gray says. "the last day you get to work alongside your comrades and they did not take advantage of that."

you and gray finished lyon and cheria with a unison attack of your heavenly body magic and his ice magic. you look down and your hand is still holding his. you quickly snatch it away and laugh awkwardly. you move a piece of your behind your ear, "good job."

"you too. now, what's left?" he asks. you both turn your attention to the lacrima screen. everyone was done except one.

only one regular member of sabertooth stood.

"wow i guess someone was able to take down jura." gray chuckles.

"no one on this earth is invincible." you tell him. "and look, all fairy tail members still stand."

"one sabertooth member left and they're 8 points behind." gray points out.

"yeah, but taking down all of us will give them 9 points. i'm sure we're all exhausted from our battles."

the sky is then lit up by a white sabertooth emblem. the last member left was sting.

"let's start heading there." you say and point. gray nods.

when you begin walking, you notice gray's limping and holding his side. you grab his arm and wrap it around your neck, wrapping your arm around his waist. "i got you." you smile.