{SHATTERED GLASS OF REMINISCENCE}

ON VIDEO CALL -

SJ: "Hey, my cottonball!"

JK: "I miss you so much, Hyungie!"

SJ: "I miss you too."

JK: "How are mom and dad?"

SJ: *frowns* "You're still asking for them?"

JK: "I..."

SJ: *sighs* "You've such a loving and caring heart, Kook! Sad to say that I can't be like you."

JK: "You don't have to be like me. You're perfect the way you are."

SJ: "Thanks! Anyways, I can't tell you how those two are as I'm leaving separate."

JK: "You must've been feeling alone."

SJ: "It's true though but no worries! When you come, we'll have a lot of fun."

JK: "Looking forward to it."

SJ: "How's your studies going?"

JK: "Pretty good! You know, I made a lot of friends here."

SJ: "Ahh! That's good!"

JK: "And one of them is my best friend. His name is Kim Taehyung! He's not here right now or else I would have him meet you."

SJ: "It's okay! Next time!"

JK: *yawns* "Okay, Hyung! Gotta sleep now! Good night!"

SJ: "Sleep tight!"

JK: *smiles* "You too! Bye!" *Hangs up*

Turning off his phone, the older lied down on bed and closed his eyes.

As he fell into his deep slumber, some pieces of the past greeted him after so long.

He could see his small hands, height of a five year old kid, having a face with chubby cheeks and a little nose.

SJ: *groans* "Eommaa!" Holding his forehead, he walks to his mother.

SJ/M: "Yes, baby?" Her voice was sweet like honey.

SJ: "My head hurts."

SJ/M: "Don't worry! Mom will make the pain fly away. Come to mom!" She holds his hand and makes him sit on the bed, putting his head on his lap. "Your mom has magic in her hands, ya'know!"

Gently, with her soft hands, she presses the little boy's head, massaging. She continues doing that for half an hour, not caring if her hands are hurting or not.

SJ/M: "Are you feeling good, Jin?"

SJ: "Hmm! Mom, your hands must be hurting. Stop it now!"

SJ/M: "Don't worry about me. Mom's strong ya'know."

SJ: "But I'm fine, really."

SJ/M: "If you say so."

SJ: "Can you sing me a song?"

SJ/M: "Okay!"

With each melody coming out of his mother's lips, he falls asleep. Even in his sleep, he can feel the warm touch of his mother, patting his head.

Another memory appears of him, playing with his mother at the park.

SJ: "Eomma, catch!" *Throws the ball towards her*

SJ/M: "Gotcha! Here!" *Throws it back*

Later, they play the hide and seek and blindfold game. They are playing like they have nothing to worry about.

Another glimpse of him, holding his parents' hands, going on a family picnic. Back then, his dad also loved him so much.

After that, he finds himself standing in the hospital room, watching his mother lying on her deathbed with his father.

SJ/M: *weakly* "Jin?"

SJ: "Eomma!" *Goes to her*

SJ/M: *holds his hand* "Baby! When I'm gone, don't cry over me and better not skip your meals, okay?"

SJ: *cracked voice* "Are you leaving me?"

SJ/M: "Ani! I'll live in your heart, always. Nobody can separate Jin from his mom."

SJ: "You're saying this just to comfort me. I don't want you in my heart. I want you infront of my eyes."

SJ/M: *cups his cheek* "Aigoo! My Jin's  gotten so mature. But I'll always be by your side, baby! When the wind blows, you'd feel me hugging you. That way, you will understand...that I'm around you. I-"

Her breathing gets heavy all of a sudden, making the male and the kid panick.

SJ/M: *looks at her husband* "De..dear?"

SJ/D: "Yes, honey?"

SJ/M: "Give him...a-all the motherly love.. that...I.. couldn't. I ...h-have so...much to say but I.." *breathes heavily* "I-I love...ya...bo"

Unable, to complete her sentence, the lady bids goodbye to her family. The son cries a lot and the father's also in the same state. The goodbye was so much for them to bear.

Jin keeps crying, holding the corpse of his mother. His father took him in his embrace even when it was not enough to calm him, still he tried.

The dream ends with the shattering of the glass memories.

*Beep-beep-beep-beep*

Seokjin opens his eyes by the sound of his alarm clock. He felt his wet eyes, wiping them with his sleeves.

SJ: *sighs* "Mom, I wish you could be here."

Getting up, he starts doing his morning routine.

                          >>>><<<<