(8) The sentence.

Start from the beginning

"Flourished" she breathed.

I shriveled feeling her hands gliding up my arm, again with her inappropriate touches, yet she is another woman to fall for my physique and voice. Clawed fingers gently glide down to my v line before I softly grabbed her wrists. "I think you know why I am here auntie."

She shudders from the vibrations my body sends, the distance between us close in, I feel her breath fanning my pecks, suppressing a strong urge. A shift in the atmosphere before Dionysius orders for the room to clear.

My claws digging into the silver strands of her hair, "What is this I hear aunt, about you threatening the name of my mother's royal blood hmm?" I play coy, allowing her hands to roam where she pleased. Maybe with her, physical communication and praise is what she responds to better.

Gripping me by the shoulders As she looked up into my eyes sternly before she pushed herself away from my grasp. "You were gone Ibrahim, someone needed to be here."

"But that's what my mother and brothers and the next blood line are for, not you" I shrugged crossing my arms, she gulped to my bulging muscles.

"The oath agrees that if the runner up isn't present for the throne in three years, they are deemed not ready to take the reins".

A heat wave emanates from behind me with the sudden presence of eyes. Something is watching from the dark hallways. Mind swirling with blood lust and rage, a slight shift in my demeanor as I swallow thickly and the woman before me notices with a giggle.

"You know nephew," she whispered, gliding closely to my frame. "I may not be your real aunt, but I am far from stupid" She chuckled. Gray hair strands gliding in the water behind her.

"I thought I was a woman of much patience but frankly, I've run out of it."

My anger beginning to bubble listening to her, Something she is trying to get at.

"Your people of course welcome the Prince, amazed at how you've ..." from my peripheral, She Seductively raked my body. Thoughts swirled with indecorous fantasies.

"Bloom" she finishes, clawed palm rests on my shoulder. "But do any of the people know that these wars were caused because of the fascination, towards a human?"

My jaw clenches, she moves behind me planting her breasts on my back. "Just like his father, my stepbrother, did have a knack for human culture, loved it so much he risked everything" She croaks darkly.

My nerves bubbling, "Kerensa -"

"Boo, my name?" She cries. "I liked aunty better" She coys. Taunting at my remaining patience, daring me to strike with another eye in the room, A trick known all too well.

Thickly I chuckled, feeling her Claws glide down to the center of my sheath, before she paused to look at me. "I must say Kerensa, it must be daunting having to watch everyone make it to the throne but you."

All her movements coming to a slow pause. "What?"

Glancing above her head to look at nothing in particular. "Step out from the shadows Guthrie, we can finally speak."

She scoffs "Guthrie isn't here so why don't we -"

"I'd never thought you'd notice cousin" dark voice looms out of the shadows, his overbearing presence brings darkness as the warmth in the room fades, "It's finally gratifying being able to look at a real man, rather than some sardine." He chuckles, the water bubbles behind me.

I fight with the part of me that wants to release my claws and gut him open right there, instead swallow it thickly to turn back to him.

Centuries ago looking I would never dare look him in the eyes, too afraid to even think such a bravery, Yet he fascinated me, Guthrie. Or as we all call him the child of darkness. As a young Nereid.he swallowed my thin frame, glaring at me from above his mightier one, aura around him reeks with blood and evil. Never did I ever think that looking at him today, eye to eye, leveling with him in strength and body.