42 Gone

Jisoo's surprise was evident when she spotted Hyunse and Ryan waiting for them at the camping area. "Hello," they both greeted them casually."Hello! You guys were here?" Jisoo responded, her eyebrows raised in pleasant surprise. The unexpected encounter left her feeling both delighted and curious about their sudden appearance.

"I gave them a call; they're our tour guides for the day," Jungkook explained, gesturing toward Hyunse and Ryan with a welcoming smile.Jisoo nodded, still slightly surprised but grateful for the unexpected assistance. "That's great! Thank you for arranging this," she said, directing her gratitude towards Jungkook.

Jungkook's flushed cheeks did not escape Ryan and Hyunse's notice. They exchanged curious glances, both astonished by the unusual sight of Jungkook displaying signs of affection or emotional response."I've never seen him react like this," Ryan murmured, leaning into Hyunse.Hyunse nodded, equally surprised. "It's definitely out of character for him. There's something about her that's stirring him up."

Jungkook noticed Jihoon's puzzled expression and swiftly took the initiative to introduce everyone. "Oh, Jihoon-ah, this is Hyunse and Ryan. Guys, this is Jihoon.""Hello," Jihoon greeted with a friendly nod, eager to extend a warm welcome."Nice to meet you," Ryan responded with a warm smile, radiating a sense of genuine friendliness.

"How's Henderson? Have you guys heard from him?" Jungkook asked, shifting the topic from Jisoo's announcement about the week off."A week is almost coming to an end. I'm pretty sure he's enjoying doing nothing and can't wait to get back to work," Hyunse replied.

"Right, typical Henderson. Thank you guys for being here. I owe you both big time," Jungkook expressed his gratitude.Ryan chuckled, "Do we get double pay then?" He joked light-heartedly.

°°°

"Noona, do you know both of them too?" Jihoon inquired. Jisoo nodded, contemplating her relationship with Jungkook. "Yeah, I guess, technically?"Jihoon, sensing her hesitation, decided not to probe further. "Jungkook is a good guy. I bet they're good guys too," he complimented.
Curious, Jihoon continued, "So, how long have you and Jungkook been close?"

"After you went off to boarding school, that's when I met him," Jisoo elaborated, recalling the timeline. She paused, reminiscing about the moment. "It was quite coincidental, actually. We bumped into each other at a mutual friend's gathering, and from there, things just clicked."

Jihoon listened intently, intrigued by the story. "Was it instant? The connection between you two, I mean," he inquired, curious about the dynamics between his sister and Jungkook."Not exactly," Jisoo chuckled softly, reminiscing. "We were just friends initially, but over time, things evolved naturally,"

"Is that so?" Jihoon's observant tone nudged at Jisoo's emotions, making her pause. His concern was evident, and she appreciated his effort to understand. "Noona, I noticed that you've been really sad. I know you too well. If it's because of Joshua, I hope you don't lose yourself," Jihoon remarked, his voice carrying both care and wisdom.Jisoo met his gaze, touched by her brother's perceptiveness. His words resonated with her, stirring a mix of emotions. "Thank you, Jihoon. It's been tough," she admitted, the weight of recent events reflecting in her eyes.

"But it's not just that. Sometimes, life throws unexpected curveballs, and we have to find a way to navigate through them," she added, trying to sound resilient despite the pain she felt.

Jihoon nodded, understanding the complexity of his sister's emotions. "I know it's not easy, but I'm here for you. Just like you've always been there for me," he assured her, hoping to provide some solace in her trying times.

Jihoon captured the serene forest scenery on his phone, a picturesque moment he intended to share with Yuri. He snapped the photo and then glanced at his sister, offering her a small smile before focusing on sending the image to his girlfriend. Jisoo nodded, understanding his intent, and left him to his message.

Approaching the camping spot, Jisoo engaged in conversation with Hyunse and Ryan, discussing the beauty of the surrounding nature and exchanging a few light-hearted jokes. Meanwhile, Jungkook, carrying a plate of freshly grilled chicken, made his way over to Jihoon."Jihoon-ah, here, eat this," Jungkook offered the food to Jihoon with a friendly smile.

"Thanks, Hyung," Jihoon accepted the gesture gratefully, taking the plate from Jungkook.As they settled down, Jungkook engaged Jihoon in conversation. "Who are you texting?" he inquired, curious about Jihoon's communication.

"My girlfriend," Jihoon replied, focusing on his phone. "I'm sending her a photo of this beautiful place."Jungkook nodded in understanding. "How's Yuri? Did you two have a good time before you left?" he asked, curious about Jihoon's relationship and hoping to initiate a friendly conversation.

"Thankfully, yes. Yuri and I are in a good place now, and obviously, with my sister's help," Jihoon shared with a relieved smile.Jungkook chuckled softly, recalling the times when he used to discreetly follow Jisoo to Yuri's house.

Jihoon looked puzzled for a moment.

"Wait, how did you know Yuri?"Jungkook's eyes widened momentarily, trying to conceal the fact that he had followed Jisoo to Yuri's place. "Jisoo mentioned you guys once," he replied, veiling the real reason behind his knowledge.

"So, you know that I'm going to have a baby?" Jihoon asked, seeking clarification. Jungkook nodded. "It's not a big deal to me, though. My parents had me by accident when they were around your age."

Jihoon fell silent, recalling the conversation they had at the hotel lobby.

"I know you'll be a good father," Jungkook commented, gesturing toward the food. "Eat some more," he continued, offering Jihoon another bite.

"Hyung, you know we just met, right?" Jihoon asked, slightly amused."Yeah," Jungkook nodded."Funny how we're giving TMI on the first meeting," Jihoon laughed."TMI?" Jungkook inquired."Too MUCH information," Jihoon explained, making Jungkook giggle. "Maybe because we have something in common."

Ryan stood nearby, his arms crossed over his chest as he observed the scene with an intrigued expression. His eyes followed Jungkook's gestures and lively conversation with Jihoon, a quizzical yet fascinated look on his face. His usually stoic demeanor softened slightly,"I've said this a million times today, but I've never seen that boy so expressive."

Ryan and Hyunse were deep in conversation, their voices filled with excitement about their camping plans. Meanwhile, Jisoo, intrigued by the serene ambiance, drifted away from their animated banter.Ryan gestured toward the tents, "We should set up the fire there, right?"Hyunse nodded eagerly, "Yeah, that's perfect! It'll be a great spot."As they continued discussing, Jisoo, enraptured by the serene beauty surrounding her, ventured further into the woods, her footsteps gradually fading away.Ryan glanced around, realizing Jisoo was no longer within sight. "Hey, where did Jisoo go?"Hyunse looked around, puzzled. "Wasn't she just here?"

"Maybe she went to explore a bit," Hyunse suggested, scanning the area.Just then, Jihoon approached, carrying some firewood. "Hey, have you guys seen my sister?"Ryan shook his head. "She was here a minute ago.""Let's find her," Jungkook suggested, already heading in the direction Jisoo wandered off.Jihoon, concerned, followed Jungkook, leaving Ryan and Hyunse to look around the camping area."Jisoo!" Jungkook called out as they ventured deeper into the woods. Jihoon echoed his calls, their voices fading into the serene wilderness.

Meanwhile, Jisoo's voice echoed faintly in the distance, calling out, "Guys? Where are you?" She wandered deeper into the woods, momentarily lost in the tranquility of nature.

°°°