8: Leads To Nowhere

After the argument the other day, Yuri went back home for a while. As promised, Jisoo will visit her this weekend to discuss it with her grandma. As for her and Jihoon, she has been giving him a cold shoulder since then.

"Noona, are you going somewhere?," asked Jihoon as he saw his sister was well dressed up. "I'm making dinner for tonight," he added but still she wasn't answering. "Noona, can we just ..," she cut him off saying, "I'm leaving and I'll be home late so don't wait for me," she spoke but her eyes didn't even look at him.

It's truly hurt him to see his sister treating him that way.

Jisoo went down to the exit and wait for Jungkook to fetch her. While waiting for him, she was spacing out thinking about how time flies and finally dragging her into where she was right now. She even thought about what should she supposed to say to Yuri's grandma.

"This is so messed up.." a fancy black car stopped in front of her and the window slid down for her to see, Jungkook in a white suit. "Get in," and just like that, she's sitting next to him.

The ride was a little bit awkward for her at first, but slowly her deep thoughts drifted her away, "The event will be attended by some foreigners, you know how to speak English don't you?" he asked out of the blue.

"Yeah, I do," she looks at him before asking, "What should I say if they asked about our relationship,"

"Just tell them you're my girlfriend or you can just avoid people as soon as we get in,". She nodded and look away from the view, "Are you nervous?"

"No. It's not my first time, anyway. I'm used to it,". Jungkook eyed her for a second. "I see...You do know this is just not like any casual event, right?"

She smirked, "Yes, I do, Jungkook and as I said, it's not my first time. I understand how important this event is to you. I won't be a bother, I'll make sure no one will notice I even exist and I won't cause any trouble,"

He grinned finding she was a little bit funny, "How can nobody will notice when you're looking like a whole meal?"

Is he flirting? Am I witnessing this side of him? "Sorry?"

"You heard me, and I must admit you're looking stunning. The only thing I'll be worrying about is the other guest might take you away from me," he smiled, mischievously. "Then, I guess.. I'll be honored to be their whole attention,"

"Why? Shouldn't you be worried too?" he asked.

"It's a good thing don't you think? They'll know that I'm with you, which means I am yours and only yours,". He burst out laughing, "You know I didn't mean it when I said, right?" he asked.

"And do you think, I'm dumb? I know what you're doing. It's Sphallolalia baby," she winked.

"Sphalow what?".

"It's an origin word from Greek which means, flirtatious talk that leads to nowhere. Isn't that what you did earlier?". He smiled widely, meanwhile trying to learn the new word, "You're truly impressive, Kim Jisoo. Being beautiful and smart, don't you think it's too much?" he teased.

"Well, I take that as a compliment, thank you very much,". Throughout the whole ride, Jungkook noticed how she was the first one who flirted back with the same energy as he gives to her.

She didn't even show any affection towards him like being clingy or lovey-dovey out of a sudden. For the first time, he could say that she was in a comfort zone for now.

°°°

It's been almost an hour, and as promised Jisoo left him alone talking with the other guest while she sat at the corner, eating peacefully.

"Hi, there," a man came to approach her. "Hello," she smiled at him. "So, you're Jungkook new girl huh?"

She faked a laugh, "As you can see..," she said while raising a toss. "Hahaha, I'm Kim Yugyeom, and your name is?"

"Kim Jisoo, my name is Kim Jisoo," she shakes his hand, but Yugyeom doesn't seem to want to let go as he suddenly sniffs her hand, "It smells like sugar,".

She pulled her hand from her and laugh, showing she was uncomfortable. "So, what do you do for a living? I think I've seen you somewhere because your face is so familiar. Are you a model?"

"Well, I..," she was about to answer him until Jungkook show up, standing right next to him. Leaving a big gap between her and Yugyeom. "I see that you've known, Jisoo," he spoke.

Yugyeom chuckled, "Your new chick is hella gorgeous, bro," he complimented. Jungkook nodded, what else he could say because it was true. He can't deny that, so, he pulled her closer to show him to back off. "Yeah, will you excuse me for a moment? I need to introduce my beautiful woman to someone,"

As they were leaving Yugyeom, Jungkook went near to whisper, "You didn't flirt with him, did you?"

"I didn't and he's super drunk. Thank you for helping me out because he makes me uncomfortable,". He smiled and said, "I can see how uncomfortable you were earlier even from afar,"

"So, you've been watching over me, huh?"

"Let's just say, I couldn't take my eyes off you," he stares at her with that dazzling eyes. Playfully, she pushes his cheeks away, "Stop staring.. where's this person you want me to introduce to?"

"Ah about that. I lied. I was just making excuses so I can be with you,"

"You want to get some drink?" she changed the topic. "No. I'm driving," he declined. "Ah, right,".

"This is random but, Jungkook.. if you can turn back time what's the first thing that you want to do?". He bites his lower lips and scrunches his nose while thinking, "Um.. probably I will turn back time and go find you,"

"No, for real. What would you do?," he turned to the balcony, looking up to the night skies, "I don't know. My life is sort of miserable since I was born,"

"Oh. um sorry. I don't mean to," he broke it off saying, "Can you wait for me just a little longer. I need to talk with some people before we leave,".

"Yes..yes. sure," he went away from her while her eyes were on him. Looking at him, approached people so easily. The more she observed him, the more a new side of him came from her point of view.

From her view, he's like a shining star. A shining star that could shine the night and show you the way.
But at the same time, he's like the star that leads to nowhere.