chapter 16 "trapped in the wolfs territory"

Ashley's POV

Staring out over the forest I let a heavy sigh escape my lungs, it had been a few days now and it was really starting to get to me being stuck in this god forsaken room. 

It was the same routine every day.

Wake up, wait till Meg brings breakfast, eat, get dressed, work out when Meg is gone, stare at the ceiling, stare at the view, read the random books on the shelves, fester about an escape plan, eat lunch, Meg checks my ankles, we talk for a while, more random bullshit, dinner, get ready for bed, sleep.

And repeat all over again.

The only added bonus was the more I healed the more workouts I could do, I needed something to get my energy out somehow. 

I think I'd go insane otherwise. 

I wanted to keep in shape while stuck here, I was still a fighter, I wasn't going to let this make me feel weak.

It was early morning, Meg would be coming in soon, I had decided to get up and get dressed early, taking a shower as the sun was rising. Honestly the shower was nice, I could at least enjoy that, Hot water helped me think. 

I again tried wearing the most simple stuff I could fit into, I didn't want to be looked at much, so I wore a simple white T-shirt, a black hoodie and grey joggers. 

I did like leggings but fuck wearing anything that showed off my figure in any way, I wasn't letting anyone look at me like that.

I had a pair of black trainers on, I don't know what brand. 

It was simple enough to hide my appearance but still be comfortable, I was not about to dress up here, in a place I didn't feel comfortable. 

Boring yes, but honestly I don't care.

Right on cue I heard the door open, I had tried rushing out a couple times but guards were waiting outside so that plan was out the window. 

"Good morning Ash! How are you feeling today?" She asked, carrying some food again, I never ate anything that I wasn't sure was prepared by Meg. 

I didn't accept anything from wolves, I avoided pretty much everything I could when it came to them. 

"Morning Meg" I said unenthusiastically as I waved from where I was sitting. 

"And I'm fine, nothing hurts" 

"Nothing? So your ankles feel better? You can walk just fine now" she asked with an excited smile on her face and clasping her hands together.

'oh fuck what did I unleash in her' I thought as she skipped over quickly linking an arm with me excitedly "then you can finally come out with me! I can give you a tour of all the places you're allowed to go!" She squealed, bouncing on her feet.

I looked at her absolutely baffled at her excitement, honestly a little nervous at this point.

"Uh...wait what? Why are you so excited about this...and why are you allowed to do that?" I asked more and more confused as I thought about it.

"Well seeing as I'm the only human you'll let near you at the moment the leaders thought it would be good if I showed you around, besides it'll be nice having a friend to come with me!" 

"You...see me as a friend?" I asked, even more baffled than I was before. 

"Of course! It's the highlight of my day coming to see you actually, you don't see me as a friend?" She asked me, smiling. 

"Meg... we've literally only known each other less than a week, you-you don't know me I'm not sure you'd want to be my friend if you knew me better" I said a little uncomfortable and nervous.