⁷¹ 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒

Eager to verify the contents of the parachute, Rosemary joined Katniss, her curiosity piqued. Haymitch was orchestrating their survival, and Rosemary knew she needed to seize any advantage he could provide. As Katniss unraveled the note, hinting at a mysterious object, Rosemary observed with keen interest.

"I think it's a spile," Katniss declared, rising from her spot and heading toward a nearby tree. The note changed hands, making its way into Rosemary's possession, where she discreetly tucked it away in the folds of her overall. The spileremained a puzzle for those unfamiliar with its utility.

"A what?" Finnick inquired, turning his attention to Katniss, who skillfully embedded the spile into the tree trunk. Peeta, drawn by the commotion, hurried over to witness the unfolding revelation. From a distance, Rosemary observed the scene, captivated by the anticipation of newfound sustenance.

Katniss' gasp echoed through the air as water began to flow down the spile. Intrigued, Rosemary approached, taking a step closer.

"You're kidding me," The disbelief in Finnick's voice mirrored the collective astonishment. "You're kidding me, get some water, get some water."

Urged by Finnick, Peeta took a sip, and then Finnick, refreshing themselves with the precious liquid.

"Let me get a leaf," Finnick announced, striding away as Katniss continued to drink. Seizing the opportunity, Rosemary moved closer, desiring a taste of the rejuvenating water. As Katniss drank her fill, Finnick returned, a makeshift leaf-cup in hand.

"I'll get some for Mags, there you go," Finnick said before attending to Mags. Rosemary settled beside Katniss, eagerly accepting the water-filled hands extended to her. The cool liquid quenched her thirst, and the sensation cascading down her throat brought a sigh of relief. She sank down on the ground, eyes closed, absorbing the moment's tranquility.

"Thank you," Rosemary whispered, expressing her gratitude. Katniss, responding with a relieved smile, continued to enjoy the precious resource sent by Haymitch.

Later that night, Rosemary struggled to find rest, propped against a tree with Mags lying in front of her. The others, higher up on the hill, remained vigilant with Finnick keeping watch for potential threats. As the echoing canons pierced the air, her body tensed, and she anxiously gazed at the night sky, hoping for any signs. However, the Capitol's display remained elusive.

Mags turned around, grunting softly, her head resting on the ground. The rest of the group was alert, and Rosemary noticed Peeta watching the night sky. Katniss spoke, breaking the silence, "I counted to twelve."

Finnick questioned, "Midnight?"

"Or the number of districts," Katniss suggested. As she spoke, a loud bang echoed, drawing everyone's attention. Rosemary turned to witness a colossal lightning strike, repeatedly hitting a massive tree on the other side of the arena.

"If you're not gonna sleep, I will," Finnick declared wearily, moving toward Mags.

"Okay," Katniss agreed, and Rosemary, tiredly but with a rare smile, responded to Finnick as he approached.

"Can't sleep?" he asked, and Rosemary shook her head.

Eventually, sleep overcame Rosemary, and her mind entered a dreamless void. Dehydration and the scarcity of water had taken a toll on her body. She woke with a start to Katniss' sudden scream, her eyes quickly scanning the surroundings for potential threats from the careers. Instead, she found Katniss on the ground, her hand visibly swelling.

"Run! Run! The fog is poisoned!" Katniss screamed, prompting Rosemary to leap to her feet. Her sore back protested from the impact with the rock the day before and the unforgiving ground.