⁶⁰ 𝓋𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 74𝓉𝒽 𝒽𝓊𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝒶𝓂𝑒𝓈

The winds of change swept across Panem, transforming the very essence of its atmosphere. It was mid-January, and the nascent winter had cast its magic over District 5, blanketing it in a pristine layer of thick, white snow. The air crackled with an unusual tension, and the citizens could sense that something profound was about to unfold.

The catalyst for this shift in dynamics was none other than President Snow, who found himself infuriated by the unexpected twist Katniss Everdeen had orchestrated during the climactic moments of the 74th Hunger Games. The repercussions of her defiance were shrouded in mystery, but one thing was clear – Snow was determined to exact retribution. The tale of forbidden love between Katniss and her fellow victor Peeta Mellark had become the stuff of legends, captivating the hearts of Capitol citizens. However, in the harsh reality of District 5, it seemed more like a sadistic jest.

As the Victory Tour gained momentum, the entire district pulsated with anticipation. In just a few short hours, the grand ceremony would commence, casting a spotlight on the victors and their undeniable connection to the Capitol. Rosemary observed the relentless march of time on her wall clock. Each ticking second served as a reminder of the solitude she faced within the confines of her home.

Recent days had been eerily quiet for Rosemary. Quartz had fallen ill, a not entirely unexpected turn of events given his advancing years. Meanwhile, Porter's family had immersed themselves in the festivities of a belated Christmas celebration in town. This left Rosemary alone in the quaint Village, surrounded by other fellow victors she had little inclination to engage with.

Haymitch had been conspicuously absent for months. Rosemary couldn't help but worry about his well-being, aware of the self-destructive path he often tread in a sea of alcohol. Her own struggles with isolation and the absence of familiar faces weighed heavily on her. The inability to visit Twelve, coupled with the looming sense of impending danger, stirred conflicting emotions within her. Despite the foreboding signs, a part of her yearned for a return to the mundane, for things to revert to a semblance of normalcy.

Adorned in her chosen outfit – a simple yet vibrant yellow top paired with a matching long skirt – Rosemary contemplated donning the long coat gifted to her by Haymitch during her Victory Tour. Two decades had elapsed since her triumphant survival, and time had slipped through her fingers like grains of sand. Her existence as a survivor had surpassed the span of her pre-Games life, a reality that forced her to grapple with the haunting memories of a family she had lost and the challenges of a life forged in the crucible of the Hunger Games.

The rules of the Victory Tour had undergone a subtle shift, granting a reprieve to the victors from the obligatory gatherings with their counterparts from other districts. The revised regulations allowed them to cross paths, but there was no longer a stringent schedule dictating formal meetings. For Rosemary, this alteration came as a welcome relief. She harbored little desire to engage in conversation with Katniss, but perhaps Peeta, with his affable demeanor, could offer a more pleasant exchange. The duo had inadvertently become the cause of Haymitch's prolonged absence, prompting Rosemary to pen a series of letters to him. However, the sparse responses she received hinted at the familiar pattern of his retreat into the clutches of alcohol.