⁴⁸ 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒

The familiar train started filling with people. Peacekeepers took their place by the monitor screens, Celeste walked into the living space, accompanied by Quartz and Rosemary. The two tributes followed behind, however, slightly unaware about the different interior that waited inside. Even if District Five was one of the wealthiest, the capitol always seemed to exaggerate with the outstanding luxury of the Tribute Train. As the peacekeepers ensured everything was in order, Celeste ushered Quartz and Rosemary further into the train's living area, where a dazzling sight greeted them.

The walls were adorned with intricate, holographic displays showcasing the marvels of District Five, from the gleaming towers that stretched high into the sky, powered by advanced technologies, to the sprawling fields where robotic harvesters diligently collected crops. Rosemary figured it was a new way of President Snow to lure the new tributes into the false reality they were entering. The lighting was a soft, soothing blue, and comfortable plush seats lined the sides of the room, contrasting with the hard, utilitarian benches they were used to back at home.

Chris' eyes widened in awe as he approached a holographic projection that showed the inner workings of the district's power plant, the heart of their technological marvel. Finch, too, was spellbound by the lavish surroundings, although her thoughts remained more focused on the impending challenges that lay ahead.

"I've never seen this," Chris said, admiring the projection before him. "My dad works with this, he says I'll be too one day." He stopped rather fast when he realized where he was- he wasn't sure he would have a chance of growing up and working with his father.

Quartz watched Finch and Chris closely, his expression one of empathy. "This," he said, gesturing to the luxurious train car, "is just a glimpse of what awaits you. We'll use this time to prepare, strategize, and get you ready for the tribulations ahead." Quartz would never have said that to the earlier tributes when he was battling his addiction. However, as the years went by, Rose was the one who became more like Quartz had been, not wanting to get too attached, in fear that they might die. Rosemary was actually, even if it was hard to believe, one of the shrewdest mentors.

"You both might have skills and knowledge to stand out in these games, but remember, it's not just about survival; it's about playing the Capitol's game. Keep your strengths hidden until the right moment, and always be mindful of the audience. The Capitol loves a good show."

Chris nodded, determination flickering in his eyes, while Finch, quieter and more reserved, absorbed the mentor's words like a sponge.

The train started to move, carefully rumbling along the tracks, and Celeste stood up quickly, putting her hands in front of herself to steady her balance as the motion of the train's departure set in. She glanced at the tributes, who were both seated on the plush, extravagant chairs, their faces in dismay.

"Off to the Capitol we go," she said, with a wistful smile, her Capitol accent and fashion making her stand out vividly among the group. "It's quite a journey, but I promise it'll be worth it."

As the tributes adjusted to the sensation of the moving train and the realization that they were now bound for the Capitol, they couldn't shake the nagging feeling that their lives were about to change in ways they could hardly fathom. The glittering facade of the Capitol loomed large in their minds, a symbol of the insurmountable challenge they were about to face in the Hunger Games.

Rosemary and Quartz exchanged glances, waiting for one another to say something. The other three retreated into the bar car earlier, wanting to find something to eat. Finch had looked uncomfortable when walking away, not feeling too welcome in either Chris' or Celeste's company. Rose understood her, since she herself didn't find the escort as an emphatic person.