⁶⁸ 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁 𝑜𝓃 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god, you look sexy," Johanna remarked, flashing a smirk. Rosemary playfully slapped her shoulder, shaking her head.

"We're both dying anyway," Rosemary said, a smile playing on her lips.

"Well, that's uplifting," Johanna retorted, glancing around and spotting Finnick not too far away.

"You're like Peeta," Rosemary observed, giving Johanna a knowing look.

"I'm not. He already likes someone," Johanna clarified, referencing Finnick.

"Did Haymitch speak to you?" Rosemary inquired, and Johanna nodded, confirming her involvement in the plan.

"Heard Katniss wanted Volts and Nuts," Johanna added, her tone revealing a hint of dissatisfaction, clearly wishing for a different outcome for both of them.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha-" Caesar Flickerman's laughter echoed into the microphone as he held it against his mouth.

"It's starting. See you later," Johanna said, and Rosemary nodded before her friend walked over to her stylist again.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for being here tonight.. on the eve of the 75th Hunger Games!" Caesar nearly screamed into the microphone, and Rosemary couldn't help but wonder if he was genuinely that excited. The crowd seemed to cheer, and she couldn't shake the feeling that these Capitol citizens were nothing short of sick.

"We have never seen anything like this, and we will never see anything like it again. Because tonight, on this stage- 24 of Panem's brightest stars will vie for the ultimate crown. Tonight will be their final opportunity to express their thoughts. Our final opportunity to express our love. And heartbreakingly, to say goodbye to all- but one," Caesar declared, and the audience cooed. Rosemary already knew Katniss would emerge victorious, and if she was truly honest, she was okay with it. She had no idea if she wanted this war to happen.

"What a night."

"Let's hear it. That is so exciting!" Caesar screamed, and with those words, everything he said earlier seemed to lose its significance. He laughed, and right after, he presented Cashmere and Gloss. Rosemary's heart ached upon seeing them, knowing that they had to say goodbye to each other in the arena.

"You too made the games a family affair. You became everyone's brother and sister. I don't know how we're going to let you go?" Caesar said, looking at Gloss.

"We're not going by choice. You are our family, and I don't see how anyone can love us better," Gloss said, while Cashmere had tears in her eyes. They weren't the best actors, but convincing enough to make the Capitol audience believe.

"So sweet, so sweet. Are you alright, dear?" Caesar asked, pointing the microphone at Cashmere, who sniffled.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"That's alright," Caesar reassured her.

"I just can't stop crying," Cashmere admitted, and Caesar responded with something Rosemary didn't even want to listen to. Instead, she decided to walk around backstage, trying to find Quartz. She knew he would be around, probably swearing about his ridiculous outfit.

Every district was assigned rooms, where they could get ready, and still watch the interviews on one or two screens. Rosemary had earlier seen Haymitch slip into the door saying: District 12. She didn't want to go there, so instead, she walked to the door which said, District 5.

Inside was Porter, who watched Enobaria's interview, and she flashed her teeth in it.

"Everyone is trying to stop the games," Rosemary said, making herself seen in the room. Porter turned around and nodded.