The General's Reaction

Orea parked her mom's motorcycle in the garage and led Tomoe into the kitchen yelling, "Mom, I'm home. I brought your bike and Tomoe home."

She'd really wanted a haircut, but was exhausted and Sophia had been emphatic about keeping her cure a secret for now. She'd just parted it to the opposite side she had her whole life. It looked a little like a punk undercut, though her sense of style hated the execution.

"Orea Tomahawk Traxor," came her mother's voice from the other end of the house. Her full name and planet of origin, Mom was pissed. "What the hell have you gotten yourself into? Sophia said you were on a secret..." The former General of the Legions of Home in full Riot Act mode froze when she saw her daughter. "What? How?"

Orea wanted to laugh at the expressions on Cobalt's face. She'd never seen anything like it. Even Tomoe smirked. "It's kind of a long story, Mom." She crossed the room and grabbed the big woman in a hug, which was returned fiercely. "I'm dead on my feet and starving. Not sure if it is the stress of the night or the cure catching up with me. Can I grab a protein shake and then explain?"

"Of course," said her mother and let her go. Orea headed to the fridge but was getting shaky as she moved.

"Orea, why don't you get a nap and I'll explain everything to your mom?" said Tomoe. "I want her advice, anyway."

Orea'd managed to get a drink out of the fridge and was struggling to open the simple bottle. Her mother came over and opened it for her. "Are you sure you're all right? Should I call a medic?"

"No, no, I am feeling great just exhausted," she smiled weakly at her mother, "Maybe it's just being home and feeling safe."

Cobalt smiled, "Ok, Orea, let me tuck you in." She led her daughter down the hall to her room.