Part 41

"Lando Norris rounds the corner, now in fourth place after he overtook Fernando Alonso on the last corner."

"Come on Lando." I whisper in the McLaren garage, my eyes glued to the TV screen that shows Lando's progress.

"Norris is approaching Hamilton; he goes on the inside! But Hamilton defends beautifully! Lando goes again... And he's through! Lando Norris is now third. He's on fire today, if a bit angry. I wonder what that is about."

"Come on." I say again as Lando gains on Sergio Perez.

"Now on to Perez, Lando goes on the outside, a fantastic overtake, if a bit close!"

Lando crosses the line second. I follow the team to the podium and watch Lando, looking so sad, take the trophy. No beaming smile, no champagne spray. My heart deflates as Lando suddenly leaves the podium.

"Lori." Zak says from in front of me. I run after Lando, catching up to him just before he is out of the cameras sight. Grabbing onto his arm, I pull him to a stop. I step in front of him.

"Lori?" he asks breathlessly.

"Lando, I'm so sorry, I should have trusted you, I'm sorry." I tell him, blinking rapidly to stop the tears.

"Lori." Lando repeats. "I love you." he whispers.

"I love you too." I reply before lifting myself onto my toes and connecting our lips.

**That's it everyone, thanks so much for reading it! Might do an epilogue? Let me know in the comments if you want it!**

Lando and Lori...