Part 11

Lando and I walked out of the hotel, he held my car door open for me.

"Always the gentleman." I said jokingly. I smiled up at him as he smiled and nodded. I climbed into the car, settling my skirt around me. I nervously smoothed down my skirt, smiling to myself. Lando seemed so nervous and excited.

"So, we are going on the Danube River. It takes about 3 hours to go around the river. We'll have dinner on there, and then we can go to the Boutiq bar, if you want. Of course." He rushed out. He started the car, pulling out of from the hotel's entrance road.

"That, sounds amazing." I told him, smiling over at him. He smiled back at me, he looked relived.

"Great!" he replied. Lando turned on the road and drove along the river. We talked about water for a while, that was weird. And we also talked about the up-and-coming race. He was nervous about it; I could tell from the way he talked about it. It made him more likeable, if that's possible.

We pulled up on the side of the river. Parking in a free space. Before we got out of car Lando put on a pair of dark sunglasses and a plain black cap. He saw me watching quizzically and said,

"Just a little precaution." He tried to wink but it looked like he had something in his eye.

"You good?" I asked, I started to laugh as rolled his eyes and muttered,

"Never mind then." through gritted teeth. We walked towards the launch point. I took off my sweater because it was warm, the sun not yet gone down (but almost there). Lando kept glancing at me, he looked at me like I was the sun (cheesy, I know) and I liked it for some reason.

"How are you not cold?" he eventually asked me as we neared the pier.

"I'm half Canadian, it's in the blood." I replied, laughing. I put my arms up and tensed my muscles. I must admit I was trying to impress him.

Lando and I got onto the boat, climbing onto the main deck. Lando lifted his face into the breeze, trying to catch the last rays of sunlight drifting across the water. When he saw me watching him, he lifted his arms to either side of him, gently brushing my shoulder (I don't know if it was accidental or not),

"Titanic." he said responding to my laugh, he hummed the tune to the scene, swaying slightly. I started full blown laughing, getting looks from the other passengers. Lando chuckled, putting his arms down as he stopped humming.

The guide came up and started telling us about what was going to happen. We leaned on the railings for a while chatting and looking at the sights as the boat made its way lazily across the water. We talked about everything under the sun, laughing giddily at jokes we made. When it was time to eat Lando held out his hand and helped me down the stairs. His hands were slightly warm and callused, they gave comfort in a way nothing else could (I can't stop with the cheesiness, can I?) We sat down to eat, our legs bumping against each other.

"So, was this the plan when Anna was coming?" I teased him, smiling broadly. Lando blushed.

"No, it wasn't" He replied, going crimson. I patted his hand in a motherly way. Laughing as he shook his head at me.

When the boat docked again Lando asked me if I wanted to go to the bar, I said yes, and we started walking back towards the car. When we got in Lando took off the glasses and cap—finally—and sheepishly put them in the middle compartment, he ran his hands through his hair, glancing in the rear-view mirror. His eyes were bright in the dark, scanning my face, some curls of his hair upset for the cap hung before his eyes. Lando started the car and started to drive onto the highway.