Part 4

"No way," they both said trying to see the picture better.

"Your joking!" Lando exclaimed, looking at the picture in awe.

"Yeah, I used to kart," I told them, giggling

"Really?" Max said, looking interested.

"Yeah, I knew all of the drivers but not very well, when I was younger, my family moved around so much I couldn't really follow the sport. Before my dad died, we went everywhere," I shared, I had sort of gotten over my dad's death, but it would always hurt no matter what.

"You sure you don't want to race me, Max? What, you afraid I'll win?" I taunted.

"No, no I'll race you," Max said, grinning while turning towards the car that he just showed people around in.

"Okay then," I said, mostly to myself.

"Don't die please," Lando yells as I walk away, I gave him a thumb and smiled to myself, getting in the car.

Verstappen pulled to a stop beside me. Someone came to the window and said that they had turned the lights on, Max was calling out the window over to me about racing, making jokes about if I beat him, he was laughing. I was so nervous, I wanted to prove myself so badly. Everyone was watching, basically all the drivers were there, watching me race a world champion. It was not going to go well.

I looked at the lights, they started to count down as I revved the engine. I had a better start than Max, starting in P1 compared to his P2 but he overtook me on the third corner. It stayed like that, me just trying to keep up with him. Max won, but with only seconds between us. Still, I was disappointed

"Oh my god, that was close!" Lando said as we stopped, "You're really good! I couldn't do that if I tried." He told me, fidgeting with his cap.

"I doubt it" I replied, then I laughed as he smiled at the compliment. "Do you want another go?" I replied.

"Yes please. You really did well" Lando told me again, as I got out of the car.

"Thanks," I said as I got into the passenger seat and buckled the seat belt, looking out the window, most of the drivers were talking amongst themselves now, occasionally pointing at the car we were in.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Lando asked me also looking over at them as he drove forward.

"Hopefully not about me," I said blushing looking the other way.

"They'll probably be talking about how good you are," Lando told me smiling, I smiled to myself. Why did he have to be so nice?

"Do you think so" I asked, "You're not lying, are you?" I asked my inner thoughts escaping. Oh, that's embarrassing.

"Nah, I'm not a liar, don't you worry." he said, he looked serious. Lando went around the track again, it was so cool to watch the steering wheel as he took the car around. He took me around twice more before pulling to a stop. Me screaming at him telling him to slow down but he just cackled at me and tried to go faster.

"Do you want another go" he asked me

"Yes please. I'm goanna make you pay Norris." I responded, while he laughed at me. I guided the car around the track, going faster and faster. "I love this track," I told Lando, sighing, "This one and Circuit Gilles Villeneuve," I told him turning around a corner.

"The Canadian one?" he clarifies looking over at me, and then back out the window. "Jesus, please, slow down!" he yelled at me as I laughed, taking the corner fast. "How can you say that so well?" Lando asked, looking surprised.

"Some of my family are French Canadian, so I learnt to speak French Canadian." I explained chuckling at his pained expression. "When do you have to drive people around?" I asked,

"After this lap," Lando said sighing, and closing his eyes after the next corner and griping the car handle above the seat.

"Your knuckles are turning white Norris, calm down a bit. I'm not going to crash this very expensive car that I cannot afford"

"Still, you never know" he breathed out.

"Okay, okay" I said. "I'll drive you back to the garage"

"Sure?" he said, prying his eyes open as I slowed down.

"Yep," I told him. "Do you want me to drive you to the complex?" I asked entering the pit lane.

"Nah, I was goanna get a ride with Max, so I'm okay." He said sounding disappointed. I stopped by his garage, looking over at him.

"I'll drop you here then." I said looking over at him.

"Okay, thanks for everything, see you around? I'll text you," he said getting out of the car.

"Bye" I said waving as he closed the door. I steered my way out of Silverstone, and immediately called Anna, I needed a girl chat.

It Started With His Number -- Lando Norrisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें