Part 17

I woke up at 8am the next morning and suffered through the morning. It was Tuesday, the day of Imogen's wedding, at 10:00 my doorbell rang. I had just finished working out for the day, so I had a sheen of sweet resting on my skin. I jogged to my front door, flattening the bits of my hair that weren't in the ponytail. I pulled the door open, thinking it would just be a delivery. Lando was standing there.

"Hello!" Lando said, his eyes giving me the once over, pausing at my showing abs.

"Hello. What time is it?" I replied

"Um, ten?" Lando responded, glancing at his watch.

"Oh, right. Come on in." I said, stepping back so he could get in.

"Thanks." Lando said, walking past me, staring at the inside of my house, the pictures that lined the walls. "Those of your family?"

"Yeah." I replied, looking at the pictures. Lando took his shoes off and put them neatly by the door. I couldn't help but smile, he looked so cute. Lando was wearing some jeans and a loose Quadrant top. Lando saw me looking,

"I've got a suit in the car." he said, pulling self-consciously at his shirt. I nodded and started to walk to the gym.

"I've just got to put some equipment away." I told him, nodding towards the gym, "Wanna come?" I asked, Lando nodded and walked towards me, I turned away and made my way into the gym. My gym was small, but it had fancy equipment and everything I need.

"Wow, nice stuff." Lando said, looking around with a look of awe on his face.

"It's pretty basic." I said, gathering the equipment I had used and putting them in their various places.

"It's not, trust me." Lando replied, looking at the equipment, my neck stuff, dumbbells, weights, everything. I finished putting my things away, wiping my face, trying to stop sweat getting into my eyes.

"I'm going to have a quick shower." I said when I had finished, "Are you hungry?" I said suddenly.

"Okay, um, yeah, I'm a bit hungry." Lando replied, running his hands through his hair.

"Follow me." I said walking out of the gym and moving towards the kitchen. "You're going to have to figure something out yourself, though." I told him, smiling over my shoulder.

"What do you mean?" he said, sounding nervous.

"You are going to have to make yourself food, mate." I replied, giving him a questioning look. At the look on his face, I laughed and said, "You can make yourself a... sandwich?"

"Okay...?" Lando replied. I lead him into the kitchen.

"Make yourself something." I told him and then walked out and had a quick shower.

When I walked back into the kitchen Lando was sitting at the table, eating a tomato and lettuce sandwich.

"I thought you wouldn't be able to make yourself food, from the way you reacted." I told him, leaning against the frame of the doorway. Lando startled from his phone, looking up at me. He smiled sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders, putting his phone down.

"I'm full of surprises." Lando said.

"You really are." I replied, pushing off the wall and walking towards him. I looked closer at the sandwich just to frazzle him. I hummed and started to walk towards the door, "You might want to get your suit now." I told him, walking out of the room. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lando pick up his plate and put it in the dishwasher. I smiled to myself and started towards my room, Lando walked towards the front door.

"It's open so you can just come in," I said, pausing at the base of the stairs, "You can use that bathroom when you've got everything." I told him, pointing towards one of the doors that lined the walls of my entryway, the downstairs toilet.

"Thanks." Lando said, opening the door and stepping out. He smiled at me before he left, inclining his head slightly.

I sighed, shaking my head at myself. I walked up the stairs and to my room, when I entered my room, I laughed slightly. What is happening to me? I shook my head again and walked to, another, door (my closet). Opening the door, I stepped in, the racks of dresses, trousers, shirts, shoes and many, many more calling to me, a rainbow of colours.

I walked towards the dress that Imogen had picked out for me, slightly different to the bridesmaids (I was the maid of honour). The dress had a corset waist, see-through sleeves and the skirt had layers and layers of the see-through fabric, it had a thigh slit, it was a deep blue and fell to the floor. I wore some white ankle strap, open toe sandals to go with them. I put my hair up in a braid half-up ponytail thing, with a brushing of mascara, eyeliner and lip-gloss with a tiny bit of blush, I had a white bag to complete the look. I put my camera in to the bag, making sure it wouldn't break.

I walked out and back onto the landing to see Lando, he was wearing a velvet suit blazer with black suit trousers

I walked out and back onto the landing to see Lando, he was wearing a velvet suit blazer with black suit trousers. He was wearing a tie. I walked forward, leaning against the banister so I could get a better look. I felt my breath catch as Lando looked up at me, and smiled softly, his eyes running up and down my body, inspecting the dress. I made my way down the stairs, as Lando turned so he could see me better as I came down the stairs,

"I think it's fair to say we both clean up well." I told him as I reached the bottom of the steps. Lando laughed and stepped forward, and then thought better of it, turning around towards the front door.

"Away we go!" he said.  

**Sorry there has been so much today, had a writing frenzy!**