Chapter 7

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳*ೃ༄Good luck, guys

·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳*ೃ༄Good luck, guys. The drama is happening! We'll miss you!·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳*ೃ༄

Y/N's POV

"Okay! That was a good start! But he have a half an hour before the real thing. It's simple, the entire band is going to start off with hard rock blues- and then, we'll try a sample of an ABBA song. The woodwinds will start first, and then the brass. Can we try that?" My music coach explained to the band. (If you don't know what hard rock blues is search it up, but it's a band song)

I was wearing my uniform, which made me look like I was from an orchestra. I haven't seen Illumi, or anyone from the play yet in their costumes. But they were practicing with us. 
Nerves continuesly shot through me with excitement, I was leading the woodwinds! 

As I heard the precutions begin their beat, I began playing with a 4 beat concert B. And then the rest of the band began to play, on stage- I managed to see Illumi (who was still wearing his band uniform), look at his script before back up. He swiftly got into position as the band preformed their last beat. And now, was a brief part the theatre kids needed to practice.

"Alas, that love. Whose view is muffled still, should without eyes see pathways to his will." Illumi said, before he let out a bit of laughter, which then made both the band and theatre laugh. "That was...Good, but more emotion! And less giggles from the rest of the play." The drama teacher said calmly. Illumi nodded before looking back at his script, and flipping through other pages. His parents, (and my mother) were to be attending this play. And he was rather nervous, atleast- that's what he told me. 
 "Okay, theatre band! Can we try and do the notes before the kiss scene? Romeo and Juliet, get into positions! But no kissing yet! We gotta keep our love genuine, and then we'll use it later on." The drama teacher said calmly. Illumi groaned before Kestrel (who was playing Juliet) walked up to Illumi, while he was still reading over his script. I stood up, followed along by Daniel Onas, who was going to be like a second flute to my flute. 
I didn't even bother to look up at Kestrel and Illumi, because Illumi had already told me how he felt. So I didn't need to worry, like I said. I trust him with my life. Just like how Daniel and I had become good comerades over the practices. 
The drummer began to play the beat, and I started with a swift G and C. And then I simply continued for around two minutes before Daniel then joined in. He and I were trying to contain our excitement as the drama teacher and our music teacher gazed at us in awe. I looked like we were doing well!

We were told to keep playing throughout the 'kiss' scene. Considering it was also our closing part. So after Romeo kissed Juliet, the curtains closed and the band continued. 
"Romeo, the hatred I feel for you is pure..." Kestrel said in a sing-song voice. 
"Juliet, hatred will never compare to the love both you and I share.." Illumi said in a slightly more quiet tone, but there was a tiny microphone attached to his shirt for mic checks. So his voice wouldn't be drowned out by the band. 
"Okay they kiss!" His drama teacher exclaimed, filling in the part where they kiss since we had to wait until the actual show. 
Daniel and I continued to play, and the ending scene had came where the band joined in. And we all played with a triumph, because both teachers looked extremely happy!
"Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! The scene, the music, the emotion! All of you deserve a break!" Miss. Emily said happily, I sighed before begining to disassemble my flute next to Daniel, who was putting our notes back together. "You did really well, Y/N." Daniel said happily, I return his happy tone with a smile. When I opened my flute case, I found a page of gold star stickers Hisoka used as a prank. A smirk crawls upon my lips as Daniel turned around, and put his flute away. 
"So, Y/n- do you have a folde-" I cut Daniel off as I put a gold star sticker on his cheek before I burst out laughing. I don't know what was so funny, other then the face he made when I put the sticker on his cheek! Eventually, Daniel let out a bit of laughter. Though he tried to stifle it (he failed. Miserably).

I didn't even realize Illumi was standing near us as Daniel and I continued to laugh. Until he tapped my shoulder. "O-oh, hey Illumi!" I said in between laughs...I put my mouth piece inside my case before closing it. Daniel handed my my notes, before I looked back up at Illumi. "You did great up there!" I said as I waved goodbye to Daniel and slowly managed to regain my composure. "Thanks, I only have a small break because then I have to get ready and in costume." He said before he nudged the music stand out of his way. "Oh...Well, do you want to get something to eat before? I think the cafeteria is open." I said calmly, before him and I began to walk out of the auditorium. "No, i'm not that hungry. I had eaten just before practice." He said calmly, we walked passed the principals office and near the main lobby of the school. I waved a hello at our student council. He waved back before answering a call at the head office. 
Illumi and I walked out and sat on a bench that was near the garden, where we saw some other freshmen gardening. While some others were removing some honeycombs from to beehives.

Only an hour before my worst nightmare would arrive.