Archduchess Frost aka Princess Selene Aetius aka Edward's mother aka My mother-in-law.

Certainly, it did not seem like Eve was jesting nor were the other maids. They seemed rather content with the notion.

'It's a genetic thing. Craziness runs in the family'

I reassured myself before instructing them to get rid of all the obscene lingerie from my view. No, better destroy by fire.

That aside, it feels nice to wear something familiar. 

If my mother were to see my state right now she would tell me to sit like a proper lady. She is sweet but can also be very strict at times. Eugene's sister, Bea is just like my mother in that aspect.

"Upsie Daisy!"

I sat up, climbed down, and looked at the bed with my hands on my hips.

After carefully calculating the center point of the bed, I drew a clear line and started lining up pillows along it to essentially raise a wall to separate it into two sections. It was a good thing I asked for extra pillows to be placed in the bedroom.

While it might look silly, it was a precautionary move to avoid repeating today's morning fiasco. As the saying goes, it is always better to be proactive than be regretful.

Nathaniel came by around noon and made his presence known. He let me know that Edward was summoned to the palace first thing in the morning and was away on Imperial affairs. He also extended his sincerest apologies in place of Edward for having missed dinner with me.

"Not that I cared" I scoffed, placing a pillow over the first layer, building what I considered to be the great wall of defense against the dark male lead.

If there was a single clock in his estate I would have known the time to tell. Even so, I could guess that it was pretty late into the night.

Whatever it was that kept him away, I hope he stayed there for the next couple of years.

However, right after those words left my lips, the door opened. It was Edward.

'Speak of the devil and he appears'

The moment looked up, I froze holding a pillow in my hands midway through building the second layer.

Edward's robe which was half open clung to his wet skin as he smoothly ran his fingers through his damp hair. His ruby-red eyes were cast down as if he was in a war with his mind. It was an extremely alluring yet melancholic look.

Since I was facing the door, I had a front-row seat as he strode into the room and stood before the bed.

I clenched the pillow tightly. My face flushed red as blood rushed to my face, not because I was embarrassed but because I was angry.

'This ass! He's blatantly putting on a honey trap!'

It was a trick I was not going to fall for twice.

I glared at Edward as his eyes drifted to the wall I was building. When our eyes met he commented with a smirk,

"Why bother?"

"I bother" I shot back and started rapidly adding pillows to increase the wall height.

Within the next few seconds, my marvelous five-stack wall of pillows was completed.

'Done!'

The wall was high enough that we would not be able to see each other's faces even if we sat up. With this, I wouldn't have to worry about rolling over to his side and waking up to a nasty surprise.