Chapter 130

"Any sign of her?" Jade asked Raeden, having just returned from scoping the area around the camp.

"No" Raeden answered in a single syllable.

After subduing the ogre ambush at the camp, both the Tullus and Nero mercenaries were searching for the two members of their entourage who had disappeared since the attack.

"Her scent seems to have vanished from this point. Where could she have gone to?" Jade pondered. 

The pack of ogres that were headed towards the camp seemed to have vanished along with the Ann and Kalan.

What was more worrisome was that they had discovered the said pack of ogres as corpses a few meters away from the camp.

'I get the feeling that he is always around her when something happens' 

For some reason, ever since the start of the journey, Jade had noticed that wherever Ann went,  Kalan was found lingering around as if he was keeping an eye. It was not like the typical behavior of men who were after her as they would scatter with the slightest threat. 

Rather Kalan has always had a legitimate reason for being present. Thus it was hard to dismiss. 

Even a few days before when Ann went for a stroll and returned with Raeden, Kalan was right behind them. 

'Something is fishy about him...' 

Jade was concerned. But the concern has to wait for another time, as the matter at hand was far more relevant.

"She must be somewhere around here..."

Jade tried to console Raeden when the latter suddenly took off into the woods without a word.

Worried the rest of the Nero mercenaries followed him in close proximity so as to not lose sight of him.

'He's moving too fast'

Eugene was the first to catch up to Raeden kneeling down on the ground. There was a familiar object in his hands.

"Isn't that..."

Oliver trailed off what he was about to say when he saw Raeden's face darken. There were pieces of what used to be Ann's sword in Raeden's hands.

"There are two sets of tracks on the ground. Both are alphas"

In addition to the broken sword, there were tracks of two alpha ogres leading further into the trees.

From the looks of it, Ann intercepted the ogres that were en route and led them in the forest. A battle ensued and Ann was able to get the upper hand until she was attacked by alpha ogres. She evaded the alpha ogres and escaped, during which her sword was split into pieces.

'That idiot!' Eugene facepalmed.

'What was she thinking to take matters into her own hand? Does she have a death wish?'

Eugene looked over at Raeden. The faint trace of Killium spice they had followed was lost at the site the sword was found.

"We need to find them" Raeden clenched his hands.

"We have to find them now"

Meanwhile, inside the tomb.

"Where is this voice coming from?" Ann looked around searching for the source of the voice.