Chapter 100

"I have no choice"

Ann muttered, pacing like a maniac.

Somehow all the people, who might have knowledge about the socialites of Orion are either unreachable or unreliable.

'Am I being paranoid because of returning to Orion?'

As far as the world was concerned, Duchess Angelica Frost was dead.

D.E.A.D.

And the one currently residing in Velven was a commoner named Ann.

Considering that it has been three years since her disappearance the people of Orion would have gradually forgotten about her. Because people tend to forget things. Otherwise, politicians will not be able to make a living.

Even the heroine, Helen, did not care much about Edward's dead wife backstory. Except that he used it as a way to gain her attention by creating sympathy.

"An absolute douchebag" Ann muttered.

Besides, there can't be someone crazy enough to issue a nationwide manhunt for a dead person. Especially when the male leads don't have enough time on their hands to swoon head over heels for the heroine.

In conclusion, the possibility of them investing time in a cannon fodder character was nonexistent.

However, nothing was certain.

Suddenly Ann remembered the hands that locked her and unconsciously touched her neck. All it took was one messed up dream, no not a dream but a nightmare to shatter the peace she had for three years.

"Arghh!"

Ann grunted holding her head while pacing like a maniac.

And before she had realized it, she was standing in front of the stables.

*neigh*

*THUD*

A fierce cry was heard from inside the stables followed by a loud thud.

Without any need for checking, Ann was able to identify the horse in the middle of a rampage inside the stables.

The stunning black mane, brilliant black eyes, and overall arrogant handsomeness could belong to only one horse.

It was 'Beauty'.

True to his name. He was beautiful. And he knew it. Which in turn created a superiority complex that made the people around him except his owner miserable. Since he did not acknowledge them.

*neigh*

Beauty charged over Sam.

"Stop! Don't!"

Lying on the floor, Sam had an empty bucket covering his head as a helmet and a broom in his hand to protect himself. He was using it as a shield to protect himself.

"What is going on here?"

Ann stood by the entrance and looked at the scene in dismay. The scene was enough to cleanse her mind off the uncertain thoughts.

When Beauty noticed Ann by the door, he stopped his rampage and snorted before going back to his corner.

"Ann wherever you go, take your crazy horse with you! I cannot handle him when you are not around"

"Yeah. I can see that"

She gave Sam a hand and helped him stand up as he continued to complain.

"This is not the first time that I almost died because of your crazy horse. I have been working in the stables since I was eight. And I have never encountered a wild horse like this one!"