CHAPTER 84

"Edward Frost has a lot of enemies" Angelica tossed the documents and leaned on the desk.

"And they are not going to sit back and observe when he is at his lowest possible state"

"To those men, I'm just a thorn that suddenly appeared from the countryside to take away everything that almost fell in their laps"

"And when they saw an opening. They sent a bunch of professional killers to get rid of the thorn" She took in a deep breath and looked at Clive.

"And they did nearly succeed if it weren't for me holding on to a root sticking out of the side of the mountain"

"An-An...." Clive pulled Angelica to his chest and hugged her.

"It was the inevitable" said Angelica, holding Clive's hand.

'It would have happened no matter what you did'

"Now about your punishment" Angelica pushed his hands and smiled as bright as the sun.

"What...." Clive took a step back. He could feel a sudden change in her temperament.

*thunder*

The shadow of the branches beyond the window made it look like she had grown demon horns.

The corners of Angelica's mouth were curled into a wicked grin.

Clive gulped at the sight. He could feel it in his gut that something worse was headed his way.

"Don't kill me" He pleaded, standing in front of her.

"What? I'm not going to kill you" Angelica shook her head as if it was a ridiculous statement.

"Why do people always say that to me?"

"Then what are you going to do?"

"...." Angelica did not answer his question and simply winked at him with folded hands.

"...."

"...."

"No.... no no"

"Yes"

"NO!"

"Anything but that" Clive's eyes grew wide from the shock.

"Yeah...wait till mom and dad finds out what you did"

"Mom....Dad..." Clive trembled from imagining the worst-case scenario. He was capable enough to handle any kind of bad situation but there was no escape from his parents if they found out.

Clive and the Howard twins worked very hard to ensure that their parents were oblivious to their antics. If there were to find out....

It would be a straight road to doom.

"Why would I waste my energy when they will do it for me...huh?" Angelica stopped talking when she looked at Clive's face.

"Ha..ha...ha" Clive laughed in a broken voice. His voice was no different from a pale ghost. He looked like a man who has given up all hopes in life and awaited death.

*woof* *woof*

'You broke the stupid hooman' 

Chirpy walked over and sat next to Clive, looking at him with a pitiful expression. It was not because he was worried, but if something happened to Clive, he would lose his unfavorite human.

"Chillax...bro" Angelica put a hand on his shoulder.

"I was just messing with you" 

She tried controlling her laughter, only to fail miserably. It was just a small threat to see if she could scare him after all these years.