Chapter 146

The next morning I was woken up by the sound of Herbie fleeing through the door after catching a glimpse of us on the bed together. 

What time is it now? I hoisted myself up from the sand. 

There is no sense of time in the place I was in. The red sun and the waves were all I could see as if I was living inside a distant dreamland.

At some point during the night, I had fallen asleep. It was the first time in months I was able to rest with a peace of mind that it was refreshing.

On a physical level, I was still bedridden and unable to move, but could no longer feel the pain inflicted by the Havu curse. Because the curse was somehow broken(?) by the woman sleeping peacefully next to me, my wife Angelica.

After our first night together took some unexpected turns, she curled up next to me exhausted from singing the same song over and over again. 

I can still hear it ringing in my head. If only I could do something to stop it.

Right then Angelica woke up from her slumber.

"Hmmm"

As she sheepishly blinked her eyes, her soft eyelashes brushed against my chest like a butterfly fluttering its wings.

Tickling and fluffy at the same time. It was an odd sensation.

Then mimicking her behavior from the previous night she rubbed her face against me one last time before rising up. Seeing her do so casually one would think we were together for a very long time.

"OH MY GOD!"  Angelica exclaimed, surprised by her own position, and rolled back till she hit the floor.

*thud*

That's gotta hurt. Though it is nice to see her being energetic first thing in the morning.

For a second, I was surprised by my own thoughts.

We barely knew each other for a day but subconsciously Angelica had already become a part of my mind.

"Oww" 

Angelica's groan brought me back to my senses.

She remained on the floor for a while without any movements. But I could feel her eyes fixed on me as if she was scheming something.

Even if she wanted to harm me, there was nothing stopping her as I'm at her mercy in the absence of others. However, I doubt she will ever do that.

Hesitantly climbing the bed, Angelica crawled towards me. She was able to climb on top of me with ease, now that she has done it a few times.

When I recalled her behavior the previous night, it appeared as if she was about to yell at me again. So I braced myself and waited for her to speak.

Instead, Angelica started poking all over the sides of my body.

*poke* *poke*

"No reaction" Angelica muttered in a doubtful voice, pinching the tip of my nose.

'What is she doing?' I couldn't help but laugh. 

Whatever it was running through her mind, I could tell that she was being serious. 

After she was done with the poking, Angelica's next move was to tickle my abdomen as best as she could.

*tickle* *tickle* *tickle*

"Tough one huh"

As expected, there wasn't any physical reaction, but I could feel the course of her hands move as she felt my body with a feathery touch.