CHAPTER 71

The area turned pitch black.

No one could see who was where or what they were doing.

"What?"

A raspy voice was heard through the rain sending shivers down the spines of the assassins.

"Never seen a ghost before......" The voice chuckled.

*thunder*

A bolt of lightning struck again revealing a figure with half ripped clothes and dark green eyes glaring at them.

It became dark again and only the sound of the rain was heard.

The men stood with their feet rooted to the floor unable to move. They were focusing on the direction of the cliff with bated breaths.

It was their first time seeing a ghost or monster or whatever it was. Even though they were killers by profession, they feel the fear seethe under their skin after seeing the dark figure.

"Ugh.."

*thud*

There was a strong smell of fresh blood in the air.

"Wha..??!" exclaimed the assassin's leader

*thud* *thud*

There were groans heard from all sides.

*thunder*

"Oh my god" exclaimed Gurgie, his eyes were as wide as saucers from the shock. He could see green eyes shine in the darkness like a predator sizing its prey. 

Gurgie gulped. Although he couldn't see its face he could feel that it was looking right at him.

The figure stood holding one of the assassins under its feet. Blood was dripping from the blade in its hand.

"Kill it!" shouted the assassin leader.

*thunder*

He could see it charging like a beast in between the lightning flashes slicing through the air. It was going on a rampage tearing down everyone in its path.

*thud* *thud* *thud*

In a matter of minutes, nine of his men were on the floor.

It jumped in the air and caught one of the last remaining assassins in the neck between its thighs.

It strangled his neck by rotating in an anticlockwise direction and landed on the ground.

*thud*

Now the only ones left were Gurgie who was trembling on the floor and himself.

"AAAAAAH" Gurgie's scream was heard in the darkness.

At that moment, stopped raining and the place became eerily quiet.

'What is going on? Are ghosts real?' The assassin leader's eyes quivered.

He stood petrified and unable to think. The stench of blood in the air was stronger than ever.

*thunder*

"AAH" He flinched back.

The ghost stood before him, inches away from his face.

"Where are the masked men?" It asked, its eyes fuming in rage.

"They left" He answered unconsciously, intimidated by the pressure.

"Who were they? What organization do they belong to?"

"I don't know....."

"Really?" It asked again, tilting its head to the side.