[ 5 ]

They bid their goodbyes for hopefully not the last time as they left. They all began to walk up the mountain in hopes to find the village on the other side.

They were all tired walking up except for the athletes.

"Are you tired?" Hyunho asked the girl as she nodded. She began to take off her vest of her uniform, only leaving on her shirt. "It's so hot..." She sighed. They made it to a place where they had to climb up.

Hyunho helped everyone up. Last to get up was Nahee but she fell.

"Nahee-ah!" Hyunho yelled as the girl fell, everyone turning to see.

"I think she sprained her ankle." Hyunho looked up at the group. "She can't walk like this. We should put a splint on her ankle."

Then the whole argument went on if they should turn back or keep going. Somi pressured the girl to say that she was okay and that they could keep going.

"It's just a sprain, right?" Jia asked. "Yeah." Hyunho answered. Jia looked at Nahee and then next to her at Somi. "A sprained ankle is nothing... If it's broken then it's a different story." Jia said.

"It should take her a week or three to heal it, but walking on it shouldn't be an issue." Jia informed. "Yeah... Let's just keep going." Nahee nodded. Hyunho offered to help carry her so she didn't have to walk much on her ankle as they kept going.

As they made it to the near top of the mountain, they saw another sign and headed towards it.

"It's blocked." Donghyun said. "There's another one over there." Donghyun pointed. Donghyun ran off, Somi following behind along with Junhee.

Wooram took his camera, pointing towards the ocean as he zoomed in.

"Yah... Yah!" He yelled. "There's people!" He called. Almost everyone rushed over. They all looked at the screen and began to call.

"Over here!"

"We're over here!"

"Hello!!!"

Nothing.

"Hold on." Jia said. "They're poses aren't moving..." Wooram said. "The birds aren't moving either." Wooram looked at the screen. "That means..." Jia thought about it. "We're frozen in time...?"

"What?" Eunha looked at her. "We're frozen in time. Our time right now isn't aligned with the real worlds time... Our time won't start again until the game ends." Jia explained.

"That's why no one has came for us." Junhee assumed. "We were probably gone once our teacher actually came back."

The alarm blared.

"The game must take place within the boundaries."

"What?" Nahee questioned. Everyone ran over to where Somi was with Donghyun, seeing the boy was on the ground, past a faint white line.

"For breaking the rules, Kim Donghyun will be executed."

The boy held onto his head, trying to get back.

"Donghyun! What's wrong!? What happened!? Get back here!" Junhee yelled for the boy. Wooram held his hand out for the boy as well, but nothing.

"Donghyun-ah!" Hyunho came over. "Yah! Donghyun-ah!" He tried to go for the boy, but Wooram pushed him back. "Don't go!" Wooram said. "Jang Hyunho!" Jia walked towards them, grabbing the boys arm, trying to hold him back with Wooram.

"Donghyun-ah... Come back." Hyunho cried. The boy lifted his head, his eyes whitened out. Everyone watched him as he scratched at his own eyes.

"Ah!" Everyone covered their ears, closing their eyes tightly.

Jia hugged Hyunho, trying to comfort him, blocking his eyes from his best friends death.

"Let's... Let's head back..." Jia said with the strength she had left.

With the help of Wooram, they lifted the boy back onto his feet, leading him away form the scene.

┈┈˗ˏˋ'ˎ˗┈┈

They arrived back to the building with no good news.

Walking inside, everyone came to them curiously as to what happened.

"What happened to Donghyun?" Eunchan asked. No one answered. "Hey... Say something... What happened to Donghyun..." Mina asked. "He thought the line stopped there..." Somi answered. "So he was checking... Then he slipped."

"Then how far into the village were you able to go?" Kyungjun stepped up. "You said you would meet people and call the police. Did you do it?" Kyungjun asked.

"We couldn't go." Junhee answered. "The entire place is enclosed with the line." Junhee added. "We're completely locked here."

"And..." Jia spoke. "We're stuck in this time until the game is over." She added. "What?" Jisoo stepped up to the girl. "We saw some people but they were frozen... Guessing that we're frozen in time until the game is finished... That's why no one has come for us yet." Jia answered.

┈┈˗ˏˋ'ˎ˗┈┈

Jia walked the halls until she heard some yelling coming from the office. She walked in to see Junhee.

"What is it?" She asked. "The phones kept going off... But there was nothing." He said. She walked up to him checking the phone with him. "What..." She picked it up. "What?" He questioned.

"Junhee-ah." She held the end of the phone line. "They're not connected to anything." She said. "What the hell..." She sighed.

The phones kept going off. Junhee got fed up, smashing the phone to end the call.

"Kim Junhee!" Yoonseo ran in. "What's wrong?" She questioned. The phone went off again. "Hello?" She picked it up. "Leave it." Junhee took the phone, tossing it. "What's wrong?" She looked at him.

"It's no use." Jia said. "The lines aren't connected." She held up the end of the phone line again. The girl began to check the other phones as well. Jungwon pulled out the binders from the shelf.

"The files are empty." She showed the three.

The four sat there, confused as to what everything could've been and why it was happening.

"The game creator probably chose everyones identity." Jungwon nodded. "So... Someone from our class really killed Juwon?" Junhee said. "Seems like it." Yoonseo said.

"Jia?" Jungwon said the girls name. She looked up. "Hm?" She rose her eyebrows. "Your thoughts?" Jungwon asked. "If we're stuck in time right now..." Jia started. "When the game ends... Will the others actually be dead? Will we still have the memories of this happening?" Jia questioned.

"Will they be stuck in this time and no remembered in the real world?" Jia asked. That gave the three more to think about.

┈┈˗ˏˋ'ˎ˗┈┈