Seven: The Appointment

A/N I do not own the lux series or any of the characters. All rights go to Jennifer l. Armentrout.
_________________________________________________________________
A month later
Katy POV
I stand in front of a full body mirror. I lift my shirt and rub my stomach. I had formed somewhat of a bump. It was not noticeable unless you looked closely though. I smiled to my self and put on my shirt.
Daemon and I were going to our first appointment. I have on a low V neck thin sweat shirt and some skinny jeans. Wait till I can't fit them anymore. Finished of with my brown flats. I have my hair down in loose waves. Daemon walks in and comes up behind me. He raps his arms around me so his hands were on my stomach. He had a wide smile on his face.
"Do you want a girl or a boy?" He asks, rubbing my stomach. I turn in his arms so I can face him.
"I don't care what it is as long as he or she is healthy. But it would me nice to have a little girl running around."
"It would be nice to have a little daddy's girl, what about a boy to teach football to or something?"
Daemon smirked as I laughed. We were going to argue about this until we find out in a few months.
"Go get ready to go daemon." I told him, shaking my head. He grabbed clothes from the drawer and got ready. I headed into the bathroom and put on some mascara and lip gloss. I walked out to find Daemon fully dressed and laying on the bed watching tv with his hand supporting his head. In instinct, he knew I was there and got up to turn the tv of.
We walked out of the apartment after I grabbed my purse. I gave Daemon the car keys and got in the passenger seat. We drove in a comfortable silence and held hands the whole way.
We arrived a few minutes later and checked in. I lay my head on Daemon's shoulder as we sit in the waiting room. Our fingers were intertwined. I could not wipe the smile of my face. I was so excited. We were going to see our baby for the first time! I could tell Daemon was excited too. The had a smile on his face since we came here.
The nurse calls my name and I can't help thinking about my mom. My eyes start watering as we stand up. Daemon knows why and squeezes my hand. Stupid hormones.
The nurse tells me to lay down and she goes and gets the doctor. Beth recommended the doctor to me. She said she delivered Ashley and has plenty of experience.
Dr. Shay walks in and sits down, checking things down in a folder.
"So this is your first appointment, Mrs. Black?" She asks.
"Yes, it is. And please call me Katy." I reply.
"Well, Katy, I going to ask you some questions before we start the ultrasound. Ok?"
"Yes."
"Have you been having morning sickness?"
"Yes"
"Have your breasts been hurting?" She asks.
"Yes, a little." I reply, blushing a bit.
"One more, what kind of cravings have you been having?"
"Um, mostly sugary foods. Cake, ice cream, muffins."
"Ok, shall we start then?" She smiles putting down the folder. "Lay back and lift up your shirt, please."
I do as she says and pull up my shirt. She puts cold gel on my abdomen, which causes me to make a face. Daemon smiles and squeezes my hand. Dr. Shay puts a wand thing on my abdomen. A picture comes on a screen. A picture of our baby. Our baby. Something we both created. The thought brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. I look up at Daemon and see that he has tears in his eyes too.
"Would you two like a photo?" Dr. Shay asks.
"Um, can we get 3?" Daemon asks.
"Of course you can, just hold on a bit." Dr. Shay said. She leaves the room to get the pictures. I look up at Daemon, tears running down my face. Daemon's eyes were glowing with joy and happiness.
"That's our baby, Daemon. Something we created and bringing into this world." I told him.
"Thank you, Kat. For everything. For making me the happiest man alive. For giving me this moment, despite the things I've done in the past. I love you so much." He said before smashing his lips to mine.
Dr. Shay came in and gave us our pictures. She told us our next appointment we will find out the gender. I'm so exited. I knew it was going to be a boy but I could not help wanting a girl.
We'll just have to wait and see.
____________________________________________________________________
Here is another chapter. I might put a twist into it. What do you think it is, boy or girl? Comment on what you think. Maybe some names.
Comment, vote, and follow. Thanks.
-major_bookaholic