Chapter 167: Reaction

Start from the beginning

Lee's brows furrowed. Though they had enough missiles to wipe the board clean, the issue was coverage. A few dozen ships across the Seventh and Fifth would not be enough to maintain coverage over the entire region. "And their current positions?"

"Two fleets are making significant moves," the Director of National Intelligence, Allen Fitch, stated. "One is already sailing towards Otaheit, and the second just left their main base in the Conshal Islands, heading for Mykal. The third is engaged at Junnaral, and the fourth remains at the base but could mobilize soon."

"So, we're staring down the barrel of the Valkies' naval juggernaut," Coleman mused. "With only the Seventh and Fifth in play, how do we plan to level this playing field, Brent?" His gaze shifted to the chairman.

McCarthy straightened up. "The Seventh Fleet's recent engagements at Cartalpas, Galavete, and Follicus have significantly depleted our long-range munitions. The Virginia-class subs are out of Tomahawks, and DESRON 15 is close to expending their last. Their other supplies are projected to be enough to take on several hundred more ships, but we're looking at a serious setback in capabilities if we don't resupply soon."

Hill added, "Resupply is tricky. We've got the logistical capacity, but timing and fleet positioning are critical. The Seventh Fleet's engagement at Junnaral needs to be swift to avoid depletion before resupply, and we won't be able to chase them down if they flee."

Lee nodded thoughtfully. "And the Fifth Fleet's status?"

McCarthy responded, "Perfect shape and at full capacity, but they're still tied up for a couple more days. We need to consider their positioning strategically to maximize their effectiveness."

"What about the natives? Can they bolster our efforts?"

McCarthy shook his head slightly. "The EDI's surviving forces are primarily geared for coastal security. They're battered and their tech isn't up to par against the Gra Valkans. They've got fleets defending Otaheit and Mykal, but we can only hope they're able to buy enough time for us."

Lee's concern spilled out. "It's looking like the Seventh Fleet won't be able to get to Otaheit and Mykal in time. One of the cities might fall. Is there anything we can do to delay the Gra Valkans, buy more time?"

Hill answered, "We're already employing hit-and-run tactics with subs and destroyers, but we can enhance our existing strategies based on what we've learned about Gra Valkan operations and tactics."

McCarthy continued where Hill left off, "We recently discovered that the Gra Valkans rely heavily on manacomms for communication, especially since our jamming has limited their conventional methods. While we can't jam these magic signals directly, we can exploit their reliance on them."

Hill perked up. "Are you suggesting we feed false information into their manacomms network?"

"Exactly," McCarthy affirmed. "We know they're maintaining communications through this method. If we can infiltrate and introduce misleading reports about our fleet movements, we could manipulate their response. We've got their codes, and the Mirishials have the tech, so it's certainly doable."

Coleman smiled. "A game of shadow puppets. Make 'em think we're somewhere we're not, draw 'em out."

McCarthy nodded. "We can also take advantage of their data-gathering methods. They typically send radar-equipped scouts to survey an area. Rather than jamming them outright, which they'd expect before an attack, we can attempt to mislead them. Given the limitations of full-fleet spoofing, we should consider more targeted electronic deceptions. For instance, using DRFM tech to create the illusion of key assets in multiple locations. This could draw their less advantageous positions and split their focus."