Chapter 43 - Coming Back and an Announcement

Percy's POV

January 4

     Annabeth and I had gotten to school really late yesterday, so mostly everybody in the school was asleep.

This morning, most of us were back. All except for Piper and Jason. Classes would be beginning tomorrow, so they wouldn't miss anything.

I was sitting in the dining hall with Annabeth and Leo, eating breakfast.

Leo kept eyeing Annabeth and I as if he could somehow tell we were hiding something. We were, but we couldn't tell him that yet.

     "So, Leo," Annabeth started. "How was your Christmas?" She asked him, taking a bite of her pancakes.

     Leo's suspicions seemed to disappear from his mind as he grinned his impish grin. "It was awesome! I got a new hammer!" He exclaimed, and for some bizarre reason, he pulled a hammer out of the fucking abyss and showed it to us proudly.

     "That's great Leo, but maybe put the hammer down?" Annabeth said, smiling nervously as she glanced at the hammer in Leo's hand.

***

     Later that day, it was evening time, when Piper and Jason finally got back. Piper was wearing a snowboarding jacket, one I'd never seen her wear before.

     "Hey guys!" Piper said with a huge grin as she ran towards us all and scooped Annabeth and Hazel into a huge hug. "I missed you guys so much!! Tell me everything about your Christmas!!"

    She attempted to drag the two girls into the bedroom, but Annabeth resisted and held them both back. "Actually, Piper, stay here for a second." She turned towards me, and I nodded at her.

"Well," Piper urged, waving her hands. "Go on."

Annabeth led the two girls back to the couches and sat them down, and I stood up because Annabeth was standing so I thought I should too.

"Annabeth and I," I said slowly, glancing down at her as she nodded her head at me to continue. "Are dating."

The squeal that filled the room was almost enough to shatter every window within 50 miles, but somehow it didn't.

"YES YES YES YESSSSS, FINALLY!" Piper screamed, jumping up and pulling Annabeth and I into a bone crushing hug.

"I take it you're happy about this?" Annabeth said sarcastically. I don't know why but sarcastic Annabeth made my heart fluttery.

Piper let go of us and literally WIPED AWAY A TEAR. "You two are so endgame," she said.

I somehow managed not to start singing endgame, are you proud of me reader?

"Piper," Annabeth said, suddenly looking a little bit uncomfortable. "We just started dating, like, a few days ago, let's not get ahead of ourselves—"

"Aw but you guys are SO cute!" Piper said, before Jason pulled her away from us.

"Pipes, let them breathe." He told her before looking at Annabeth and I. "I'm happy for you guys."

"Thanks man," I said with a grin, then turning to Hazel as she quietly smiled at us.

"You guys really are adorable together," she said.

Annabeth grinned and sat down beside Hazel, turning her body sideways to look at her. "Tell me everything about your Christmas."

I listened to the girls talk as I sat down on a beanbag and closed my eyes. I was tired, but at the same time I was energized with the glee of now knowing Annabeth and I were together, publicly.

     "Guys, I'm gonna head for bed," I told my friends and I brought myself off of my spot. If I didn't, I'd surely fall asleep in the middle of the common room.

     "Night," All of my friends said as I began walking past them towards the stairs that led to the bedrooms.

     I was vaguely aware of Piper watching as I stopped by Annabeth and leaned down, kissing her.

     "Good night," I told her after pulling away and smiling down at her.

     My smile was returned, and her beautiful gray eyes twinkled. "Good night, Percy," she whispered.

     I ignored Piper's second squeal of the day as I made my way into the bedroom and closed the door behind me.

     I showered and brushed my teeth. The whole time I couldn't seem to erase the smile off of my face. I bent my head down and spit toothpaste out of my mouth then looked at myself in the mirror. The boy staring back at me had a large smile displayed on his face, and his green eyes were sparkling with a type of thing you couldn't find in many other smiles. Teenage love.

     After getting changed into my comfortable pajamas, I went into the bedroom and crawled into my bed. It was familiar, and I hadn't realized I'd missed sleeping in this bed.

     When I closed my eyes, a face seemed imprinted on the back of my eyelids. Her golden hair was blowing into her face, and her lips were twisted into the most contagious smile. In the silence of the room, I heard her voice.

     I rolled onto my side and slowly slipped into dreamless sleep, my last thought happy and worrisome at the same time.

     I was hopelessly in love with Annabeth.

Word count:848 it's sort of short but the next few chapters are sort of just fillers