Chapter 27 - What Plan?

Percy's POV

November 20

     Tutoring with Annabeth was going so great, that I actually have a passing grade in all of my classes now. Mr. Brunner even pulled me aside from class today to congratulate me on getting a 100% on his last test! Making Mr. Brunner proud was probably the best thing that came out of all of this.

     Mr. Brunner is my favorite teacher, and like a second father to me. During the summers he has a summer job, working at his bookstore in France. Piper loves Mr. Brunner just as much as I do, so she takes a summer job in the antique store right next to his bookstore so she can see him sometimes.

     Over the summer, my dad decided to let Jason, Leo, and I go to France with her. That's actually where we'd first met Annabeth, at Mr. Brunner's bookstore.

     But anyways, making Mr. Brunner proud was the highlight of my day. Actually, it may have been the look on Mrs. Dodds' face when I got an 89.

     I was just getting back to the dorm with Leo after football practice, and I was so excited to show Annabeth my two new grades.

     Since Annabeth became my tutor, we've actually gotten to be pretty good friends. She's not as uptight as I thought, she could actually be kind of funny. She helped me a lot in any class that we have together, and of course when she was tutoring me. Three nights we've even gone to the clock tower, just to listen to Taylor Swift. So much for listening to Taylor by myself, but we haven't danced together since the first night on the clock tower. Remember when I said I had to stay away from Annabeth? That's not what happened.

     As we approached the door that led into our common room, we heard shouting. It was Rachel and Drew.

     "Ugh, what is it with them now?" Leo complained. I shushed him and put my ear to the door. Leo did the same, and though the door muffled some of what they were saying, most of it came through.

     "—the final game!" Rachel's voice was saying.

     I heard Drew screech. "You're not trying hard enough!" She shouted, and I heard a loud noise that sounded like a thud. "PIPER!" Drew roared.

     "STOP IT!" I heard another voice scream, it sounded like Annabeth. Leo glanced over at me and mouthed 'should we go inside?'

     I shook my head, I wanted to hear more.

     "Drew, whatever you're planning, I'm sure it's wrong." Hazel said.

     Oh, no. Whenever Drew starts planning, something bad always happens.

     "He won't care, he barely even l—"

     I didn't hear the rest, because Leo started talking. "I think we should go inside now."

     Just then, Jason came up behind us.
"What are you two doing?" He asked, making Leo and I jump.

     "They're fighting in there, we were just about to go in." I told him.

     Jason shook his head and joined Leo and I by the door, so we were all pressing our ears to the door. "No, let's listen."

     "WHEN HAVE I EVER CARED?" Drew yelled.

     Piper immediately shot back, "about anyone other than YOURSELF? NEVER."

     "STOP. IT." Annabeth yelled again, "WHATEVER YOU TWO ARE DOING, TELL RACHEL TO END IT NOW." She sounded near tears, and I didn't understand why.

     "I shouldn't have listened to you, Drew!" Rachel said, and somebody laughed, and I thought it was probably Drew or Silena.

     It turned out it was Silena, because between laughs she said "That was your first mistake, Rachel. Among MANY."