Chapter 29 - Blue Harmonica

Okay so in the last chapter when I said you guys would hate me for it I lied, it'll actually be this chapter

     Percy's POV

November 22

     The two days that followed the weird argument in the common room were amazing.

     Rachel and I got along better than ever, and we're actually going on a date tonight! I was really excited, because Rachel's been acting like her old self again. So this date would probably be way more fun than our last one.

I went into the bedroom Saturday afternoon and got ready for the date. Like the last time, I just wore jeans and a sweatshirt, but I didn't think it really mattered. After tying on my shoes, I went into the bathroom.

     I brushed my teeth then tamed my hair as much as I could, ignoring the few messy pieces. Rachel said she actually liked when my hair was messy, so I decided not to try to fix it too much.

I left the bathroom and bedroom then walked into the common room, where some of my friends were sitting.

     "Percy!" Rachel exclaimed, rushing over to me. She was wearing something she would've worn a couple of months ago, ripped jeans and a green tshirt, covered in doodles and paint. Her hair was falling around her like a waterfall of lava.

     "Morning, Rachel." I smiled, kissing her quickly before looking at my friends hanging out on the couches.

     "You two have fun on your date," Piper said dismissively, waving her hand at us. She was playing cards with Annabeth, and seemed to be losing.

     Rachel and I grinned. "Don't miss us too much, Pipes."

     Piper rolled her eyes at my comment. "Oh, I won't." She looked up. "Just kidding, be back before dinner. Bye!"

     "Bye!" I called back as Rachel and I began heading out of the door. As I glanced over my shoulder at Piper and Annabeth, I could've sworn I saw the two of them glaring at Rachel.

     Ignoring it, I left. We came into the hallway, and held hands as we began going down the steps.

"So, what did you want to do first?" I asked her.

Rachel thought for a few seconds. "We could go to the ice cream shop?" She suggested.

     I laughed at that. "In this weather? Sure, why not?"

     She smiled and leaned against my arm as we walked out of the dorm and into the courtyard. She stayed that way as we left the school grounds and walked down the side of the mountain, then the short way to the town.

     "Ice cream!" She insisted, straightening up and tugging me along with her as she ran towards the ice cream shop.

We crashed inside, breathing heavily and laughing as I closed the door behind us. Rachel walked over to the ice cream flavors and began browsing, picking what she wanted.

I picked cherry vanilla, and Rachel picked chocolate.

This was the most surprising part, probably; Rachel paid for our ice cream. I thanked her as we sat down at one of the nearby tables.

"No problem, Percy." She replied, licking some chocolate off of her lips.

We ate our ice cream, playing I Spy with random things in the shop. It was kind of hard, because the inside so was colorful that there were so many different things to guess.

"I spy with my little eye..something green." Rachel said, and I began looking around.

There was a green booth seat, green spoons, a green frog painting, green pistachio ice cream.