Chapter 47 - studying

January 8

     Percy's POV

     "Is that all?" Annabeth asked me once I'd finished my math work. We were sitting in the booth in the common room, working on some homework.

     I shook my head, reaching over for my bag and pulling out a few sheets of empty paper. Annabeth raised an eyebrow at me. "I have to write an essay for Mr. Brunner," I explained.

     Annabeth nodded. "Alright, what's it for?" She asked me, watching as I took out a pencil.

     "I fell asleep in history—" Annabeth gave me a disapproving look. "—and missed his lecture on Athena and Arachne, so I need to write on essay on the story, so he knows I have the knowledge or whatever."

Annabeth nodded. "Alright, I can help—"

"Oh, I'm okay. I got this," I told her with a nod, beginning to write the essay. I didn't notice the odd look she was giving me as I began writing the first paragraph.

Even as I was writing the second paragraph, and Annabeth was reading a book, she was still glancing up at me every so often. I eventually saw these looks, and thought nothing of them. Until I realized the look in her eye was thoughtful, curious. She was confused, confused about what?

Probably confused as to why her idiot boyfriend was so easily writing an essay. I remember now that she doesn't realize that mythology is the one topic I can actually understand.

But anyway, I continued writing and when I was finally finished I straightened up and set the pencil down on the table. Annabeth looked up from her book and raised an eyebrow at me. "All done?" She asked me.

I nodded, pushing the paper towards her. "Yeah, you can read it. Tell me if it's good or not," I said.

Annabeth nodded and set her book down after marking her page. She picked up my paper and I watched her gray eyes skim over it all. I felt pretty amused by the perplexed expression in her face. Clearly, me knowing what to do wasn't what she expected.

"I can't believe you know all of this. And you didn't use any books or anything," she said, setting the paper down on the table in front of me.

I nodded and took the paper, then put it back into my backpack. "Yeah, Greek Mythology is the only subject I'm remotely good at." I told her with a shrug.

She nodded and watched me with a smile for a few moments before standing up. She walked over to my side of the booth and sat down, wrapping her arms around my shoulders and hugging me.

I smiled and hugged her back, kissing her cheek. "How's your book?" I asked, gesturing to the book she'd been reading as she was waiting for me to finish writing.

Annabeth lifted her head and grabbed the book, letting me look at the cover. "It's pretty good. The cover is very pretty, which I like. The plot is quite boring, but I like the characters."

I nodded and smiled at her, kissing her cheek again. "Maybe you could pick me out a book to read one day and I'll read it," I suggested.

Annabeth looked like she really liked that idea. "Sounds good, I'll start brainstorming some books you might like." She told me, ruffling my hair a bit before she let go of me and stood up. "I'm tired now, I think I'm going to head to bed."

I smiled and stood up. "Me too, good night!" I told her, giving her another hug for extra measure.

I felt her laugh softly against me, and she lifted herself up on her tiptoes to give me a kiss. When she pulled away, she looked a bit pink. "Good night. See you in the morning."

A few moments after she'd gone into the girls bedroom, I grabbed my things and went into the boys bedroom.

The only people in there were Leo and Grover. I smiled at Grover and waved to Leo, setting my backpack down beside my bed.

It was a good thing we didn't have football today, because I was too tired to do any of the excessive exercises that coach forced us to do.

After a while of laying in bed, I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

BORING CHAPTER SORRY

THE MOTIVATION ISNT THERE YK

BUT LIKE I WANT TO WRITE A WOLFSTAR FANFIC (for any marauders fans out there yk) SOOOO WE GOTTA GET THE MOTIVATION BACK.