Chapter 30 - 20 Questions and a Confession

Percy's POV

November 23

I was so happy. I was finally getting good grades, football was going great, and Rachel and I were in love.

Love.

I can't really believe it. Now that she's acting like her old self again, being around her is way more fun. I don't feel uncomfortable with the thought that we're together, and that I'm her boyfriend. And I'm certainly not uncomfortable with the fact that we love each other.

     Rachel also started trusting me more with Annabeth being my tutor, so during secessions it was just Annabeth and I. That was okay with me, because the two of us actually became pretty close.

     "Annabeth?" I asked, while we were sitting in our usual spots in the booth for our afternoon tutoring. "What's this word right here?" I turned the math book toward her, pointing at the word.

     "Pythagorean Theorem," she said, then flipped the book back around towards me.

     "The Pyth—pie—phthorgeorean—I'm not saying that." I decided, circling the word.

     Annabeth sighed. "Why did you circle it?"

     "So I'll remember that it's the weird word," I responded, writing a note on the side, 'piethagoreun therim'

     "Percy, that's not how you sp—"

     I stopped her by holding up a hand. "It'll help, trust me." I retorted, and Annabeth sighed again.

     "Whatever you say, we've been working on math for a while though. How about we do some...?" She trailed off, allowing me to suggest whatever I needed us to do next.

     I searched through my bags, then pulled out my history book. "History," and I put the math book into my bag on the floor.

"Alright, Roman Empire." Annabeth started.

"Ugh, I'm bored. Can we do science instead?" I asked as I tried pulling the book away from her.

Annabeth pulled the book back towards her, looking at me sternly. "We need to study this," she said. I groaned and rested my chin on my arm, which was laying on the table.

     "Alright, read me the chapter. I'm listening." I told her, and she began reading the chapter to me. I kept my head on the table, watching her as she read. I liked the way her gray eyes complimented her golden hair. She was like daylight and moonlight at the same time. It was really pretty.

     I have no idea where that came from.

     Quickly, I averted my eyes away from her. Instead, my hand found a loose thread on the sleeve of my sweatshirt. I played with it between my fingers as I listened to her continue to read, the page flipping, and the light rain pattering on the window outside.

     Annabeth finally finished, and I snatched the book out of her hands. "Great, we're all done with history for today. Annabeth, I'm realllllly tired of studying. Can we please take a break?" I asked, clasping my hands together dramatically in a begging fashion.

     Annabeth snorted but nodded her head. "What do you want to do, then?"

     "Hmm," I hummed, looking around the common room. "I don't know. There's not much to do," I admitted. Then I had an idea, "We could play 20 questions?"

     Annabeth considered this for a moment before saying, "I don't see why not. I'll go first, favorite color?"

     "Blue." I answered, no hesitation.