47. ASAHI

I finally get back to my apartment, locking all the doors before relaxing.

I have been in the Yakuza for nearly 2 whole weeks straight, barely ate or slept.

Ema is tiring.

I thought Ilaria was high maintenance but this girl can't even tie her own shoelaces.

I run my hand down my face, getting an incoming call from Han.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"Meeting tonight in Ray's, Chief will be there." He says, then hangs up.

I frown, looking at the calendar on my phone.

There's no meeting.

I walk into the room behind my closet and take out my other phone, calling chief.

"Is there a meeting today?" I ask.

"No. Why?"

"Han called saying there's a meeting today in Rays."

Chief curses. "They know he's undercover. Don't go. We'll get the police there ASAP." He hangs up.

Well, shit.

There's nothing I can do about that at all.

I just stay in here and type up my report from the past two weeks.

It's been nearly 5 months and the Yakuza have just accepted me in. I took the initiation, which was easy for me because it was just stealing drugs from a massive drug lord here in Japan.

But I also let them beat me until they were content, part of the initiation I wasn't aware of.

After I'm done, I get to bed and sleep for the first time in ages, waking up fresh and early at 7AM.

I shower, change and walk back into my secret room.

Han was found out by the Yakuza, thankfully police arrived in time and arrested them all.

Ema's brother is onto me, he believes I also am a fed.

He told Han it all.

Han informed the police.

This just got harder than it needed to be.

I do my duty though.

Head to Ema's house like she wished for me too.

Her brother and his little crew were waiting outside.

They're higher rankings than me, so I bow to them and stand still until they tell me to move.

Ato glared at me. "You have a bad look about you, Takashi."

I stay silent.

"Are you going to hurt my sister?"

"No." I look down at him.

"You better not." He whacks his fist off my chest, then let's me in.

Ema was staring at the TV. "You okay?" I ask.

"How do you turn this thing on?"

It amazes me how she's managed to live 21 years like this.

I turn the TV on for her and she smiles contently. "You know there was an undercover cop from Australia here." She pats the seat beside her .

"I didn't know that. Who was it?" I ask, sitting beside her .

"One of the low ones. We all called him Han." She looks at me. "They're doing a full sweep now."