CHAPTER 20

Dear romance readers 💗 Remember to cast your vote and share your thoughts in the comments! Your engagement fuels the story, and I eagerly anticipate bringing you the next chapter sooner with your support. Happy reading! 📖✨
                ———————————

As Taehyung dropped each of his friends at their respective homes, the echoes of their laughter and shared moments lingered in the car's quiet aftermath. The city lights painted a soft glow on the streets as he navigated back to his mansion.

The familiar sight of his grand residence greeted him as he pulled into the driveway. The mansion, standing stately against the night, held the memories of the evening's gathering. Taehyung sighed, a mix of emotions swirling within him.

Entering the quiet halls, he moved through the spaces, memories of the night flashing before his eyes — Jin's teasing, Hoseok's warmth, Yoongi's wisdom, and Namjoon's guidance.

Jungkook's image lingered in his mind, a cascade of emotions accompanying the thought.

As Taehyung entered his room, a momentary forgetfulness washed over him. The absence of Jungkook was noticeable to him as he prepared for sleep, the events of the night settling into a quiet corner of his mind. He assumed Jungkook was likely already in his room, accompanied by his best friend Jimin, probably having fun at the moment.

Yet, as he lay in bed, a subtle unease crept in. The comfort he usually found in Jungkook's presence was replaced by an unexpected emptiness. The sheets felt colder, and the room.

Taehyung couldn't shake off the embarrassment that accompanied the realization of Jungkook's absence.

Restlessly moving in bed, he found himself unable to sleep, a lingering sense of something missing. Seeking solace, he decided to get some water from the kitchen, though his true intention was to catch a glimpse of Jungkook. Little did he know, with each passing day, he had become increasingly addicted to the presence of his "wifey" Jungkook.

As it was already 2 am, silence enveloped everything; everyone was lost in the embrace of sleep. After having a drink of water, Taehyung ascended the stairs, headed to his room. Halfway there, he found himself standing in front of Jungkook's room, which was conveniently adjacent to his.

A gentle knock echoed on the door of Jungkook's room, but there was no response, just the quietness of the night.

Taehyung, feeling a sense of urgency, opened the door. It wasn't locked. Moonlight spilled into Jungkook's room, revealing the scene within—Jungkook peacefully asleep, his pajamas slightly disheveled, exposing a glimpse of his skin. Jimin was also there, peacefully unaware.

Flustered by the sight and determined to preserve Jungkook's showing skin state, Taehyung couldn't let him sleep there. Without hesitation, he carefully lifted Jungkook in a bridal style, shielding him from any prying eyes, and made his way to his own room.

The quietness of the night embraced Taehyung as he carefully cradled Jungkook in his arms, navigating the moonlit corridors back to their room.

As Taehyung settled Jungkook into his bed, the latter, being a heavy sleeper, remained undisturbed by the gentle transition from one room to another.

The moon continued to cast its gentle glow, serving as a silent witness to the intricate dynamics unfolding between Taehyung and the peacefully sleeping Jungkook. In the quietude of the night, Taehyung found solace as he lay in bed, holding Jungkook close, as if fearing he might vanish if he let go.