CHAPTER 13

Dear muffin readers, 🦋 Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts in the comments! Your engagement fuels the story, and I can't wait to bring you the next chapter sooner with your support. Happy reading! 📖✨

              ————————————

As the night gracefully yielded to the morning sun, Jungkook remained in the peaceful embrace of sleep, his head still nestled against Taehyung's chest. The first rays of sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow on the room. Taehyung, mindful not to disturb Jungkook's slumber, savored the quiet moments before the world awoke.

The tranquility of the morning painted a serene backdrop as Taehyung continued to watch over Jungkook. The room, once alive with bedtime stories and playful banter, now held the echoes of their shared dreams.

With dawn's arrival, Taehyung gently disentangled himself from Jungkook's embrace, placing a tender kiss on his forehead. As the morning unfolded, the routine of a new day began, and the dynamics between Jungkook and Taehyung promised to evolve with the rising sun.

Subsequently, Taehyung and Jungkook made their way to the breakfast table, surrounded by the usual bustle of maids preparing the morning meal. Taehyung, already seated, eagerly anticipated Jungkook's arrival. As Jungkook took his seat, Taehyung's parents, Suzume and Jaehyun, joined them, creating a familial tableau.

Suzume, with a warm smile, addressed Jungkook, "Hello, son how are you. Did you sleep well?"

Jungkook replied with a smile, " I sleep well mom I'm good and how are you?" He mirrored the question back to Suzume, who answered, "good too."

During the meal, Taehyung, typically silent while eating, absorbed the conversations around him. Suzume, turning her attention to Jungkook, inquired about his university plans. Jungkook confirmed, and Suzume suggested to Taehyung, "Drop Jungkook at the university before you go to work."

Taehyung responded assuredly, "Mom, I always do. You know that." However, as breakfast progressed, Taehyung's mind shifted to Jungkook's academic performance. 

As Taehyung's thoughts suddenly turned to Jungkook's grades, he posed a question in a serious tone, gazing into Jungkook's eyes, "How's studying going in university, Jungkook?"

Fearful of admitting any struggles, Jungkook awkwardly responded, "Um, good, hyung, hahaha."

Taehyung expressed his expectations, saying, "Hope you'll get the best grades as you used to do before. Don't disappoint me." Jungkook offered an awkward nod in response.

Taehyung continued, urging Jungkook to communicate more clearly, "Don't you understand when I said talk with words and look at my eyes while talking, Jungkook?"

Jungkook quickly replied, "Yes, hyung, I won't."

Suzume intervened, advising Taehyung to be gentler, "Talk gently, Taehyung. I'm sure my son Jungkook will get higher grades, top class, isn't it, Jungkook?"

Jungkook, with an awkward smile, responded, "Yes, mom," though unsure. Observing Taehyung's expression, he felt a sense of finality.

However, jungkook's smile dropped the moment he added, "And don't forget to bring me all of your exam results. I would like to see how many points you are getting these days."

Jungkook's face turned pale, and despite his nod, he stammered, "Yes, hyung... I will."

Nodding, Taehyung then started eating. As the family finished their meal, Taehyung waited in the car for Jungkook, carrying the weight of expectations in the air.

As Taehyung dropped Jungkook off at university, Jungkook proceeded to his usual class where his best friend, Jimin, was already waiting. However, Jimin quickly noticed Jungkook's nervous demeanor as he nervously took a seat beside him, cutting his nails with his mouth.