CHAPTER 14

Dear pretty readers, ✨ Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts in the comments! Your engagement fuels the story, and I can't wait to bring you the next chapter sooner with your support. Happy reading! 📖✨

————————————

Meanwhile In his office, Taehyung, the resolute CEO, toiled tirelessly as though the weight of the business world rested on his shoulders. Amidst the ceaseless grind, Yoongi, his loyal assistant, approached with a steaming cup of coffee and discreetly knocked on the door.

"Come in," Taehyung beckoned, acknowledging Yoongi's presence. As Yoongi handed him the coffee, Taehyung took a moment to savor the warm liquid, providing a fleeting respite for his overburdened mind. His focus was fixated on a significant deal involving South Korea and an international CEO from Europe, a venture he couldn't afford to lose.

In the midst of this intense work, Yoongi, perceptive to Taehyung's well-being, couldn't help but express his concern.

"Taehyung, don't overwork. It's okay, you've built already an empire, Taehyung, but it's crucial not to let it consume you entirely. Your health is the foundation of everything you've achieved. Take breaks, get some fresh air. Burning out won't benefit anyone, especially you. Success should not come at the expense of your well-being, my friend,"

he advised, the words carrying a brotherly concern for the well-being of the man he considered family. 

Yoongi, sensing Taehyung's need for a break, suggested, "Taehyung, let's go have some fun with our friends. Namjoon, Hoseok, Jin – they're all waiting for you. It's been too long since the five of us had a party. You've been busy all the time."

However, Taehyung, entangled in the demands of his work, denied the opportunity for a moment of respite, insisting, "I have work." Despite the invitation to unwind, the weight of responsibility kept him tethered to his office, highlighting the struggle between professional obligations and personal well-being.

Yoongi refused to let the situation slide. Recognizing the importance of their friends and knowing that Taehyung couldn't say no to a particular person, he dialed a number.

Yoongi: Hello? Hyung.

???: Yo, it's been a long time, Yoongi. How have you been? How's Taehyung? You both haven't met us because of work? What's going on?

Yoongi explained Taehyung's predicament due to work.

???: Give him the phone. I'll talk to him.

Responding to the command, Yoongi promptly handed the phone to Taehyung, signaling him to take the call.

Taehyung, confused but compliant, took the phone and greeted, "Hello?"

???: YEAH, YOU BRAT! HOW DARE YOU SAY THIS? IS YOUR WORK MORE IMPORTANT THAN US?

As the voice on the other end revealed itself, Taehyung was taken aback.

Taehyung: "Jin HYUNG?!" (stunned)

Jin: "Of course, it's me. Who else would it be, you brat? Since when do you get the gall to avoid us? Meet us immediately at the restaurant near your office."

Taehyung: "Hyung, you know I cannot. I have a lot of work, not today. Another day."

Jin: "Another day of yours will never come. You better bring your ass here, you, with Yoongi. Or else, you know how my anger will burst, and I'll start to show you what work is. You got that? Better come."

As Jin firmly conveyed his expectations, he abruptly cut the call.

Taehyung, frustrated, exchanged a glance with Yoongi. He knew Taehyung couldn't say no to Jin. Yoongi chuckled, witnessing the predicament of his brother-like friend.