CHAPTER 9

Dear petal readers, 🍃Don't forget to vote and share your thoughts in the comments! Your engagement fuels the story, and I can't wait to bring you the next chapter sooner with your support. Happy reading! 📖✨

————————————

Once back in his room, jungkook released his frustration by screaming into his pillow.

In his internal monologue, Jungkook stressed, "Ugh, why? Why can't I stay in my room? WHY he need to be bossy urgh If I stay with him, he'll find out that I don't sleep at night because I read books and then he'll scold me what do I do now??"

Driven by his bratty instincts, Jungkook hatched a plan. Excitedly, he thought, "I've got an idea. I'll pretend to sleep. When hyung falls asleep, I'll read. Yes, I'm a genius!!"

As Jungkook prepared for the night, his mind raced with anticipation, uncertain of how his plan would unfold in the presence of Taehyung and his visiting parents.

Jungkook was in his room, preparing to sleep. As tomorrow, he would be sharing a room with Taehyung due to his parents coming over.

As he settled into bed, Jungkook's phone rang. Answering it, he heard a mysterious voice, he asked who it was and how they got his number.

Jungkook: Hello?

???: Come to my room right now.

Jungkook: Huh? What room? Who are you, and how did you get my number?

Taehyung: Can't a husband have his husband's number, babygirl?

Jungkook: (shocked) Hyung, it's getting late. I want to sleep. I'm tired. I'll come tomorrow. Why now?

Taehyung: First, why are you asking so many questions? I told you to come, so you come without any questions. Second, you and sleep? The joke was funny. And, do I need to give you an invitation to bring you to my room, babygirl?

Jungkook, flustered by Taehyung's demanding tone and the use of a nickname, he didn't question further and headed to Taehyung's room.

Jungkook arrived at Taehyung's room and knocked. Taehyung's response was a casual, "Come on, it's open." Jungkook entered, and Taehyung, without wasting time, said, "Yes, hyung?"

Taehyung then expressed, "I want you to sleep with me in my room from today so that you get habits of it." Jungkook's mood shifted from blushed to nervousness. He questioned hesitantly, "B-but hyung, why today? I'll sleep from tomorrow when they'll come."

Taehyung's reply was cold and commanding, "Did I give you permission to ask me why? I'm telling you so, that's it. Do what I said. Now, come to sleep." Jungkook nodded and stammered, "Hmm, okay. I'm coming in 5 minutes. I'll just go to my room to bring my bear doll."

Taehyung, puzzled, inquired, "Why bear doll?" Jungkook explained, "I can't sleep without my bear." In response, Taehyung declared, "You have me from now. You won't need it; throw it." Taehyung's jealousy surfaced at the thought of Jungkook sleeping with a bear doll.

Jungkook, whining, added, "B-but hyung, I need to put my legs on my bear, or else I'm not comfortable to sleep." Taehyung, possibly irritated or jealous, retorted, "Didn't I tell you YOU HAVE ME? You can put your legs on me, better you stop talking and come to sleep right now."

Though Jungkook agreed even though, he needed his book to read. To overcome this addiction, he pleaded with Taehyung, "Hyung, please. Can I go to my room just to see my bed for once? As of today, I won't sleep in my room. Please." Taehyung, irritated, agreed, "Fine, go and come back in 5 minutes. If I don't see you here beside me in bed in 5 minutes, then you'll see."