eichen house

(idk who that random girl is 🤨 pretend it's ryder)

Isaac walked into school with Malia and Lydia in front of him. If you asked him how he ended up in the company of the two girls, he'd easily mention how he didn't want to sit in the backseat of Austin's car while he and Ryder made out before class.

It would have been uncomfortable on both parts if he and Josie stayed.

"The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon." Lydia read, slowly down her steps,

"What?" Malia popped up from behind her.

"I don't know. There's something about it."

"I would assume so. I haven't even heard of a dread doctor." Isaac mumbled.

"You haven't heard of a lot of things." Austin scoffed as he and Ryder skimmed past the three, his words earning a confused look from the other teen,

"What does that even mean?"

Austin was gone with a childish giggle as his answer. Lydia shook her head at their antics and finished her question, "Has anyone actually read it yet?"

"Just me." Malia spoke up, "And I didn't understand any of it."

"We should probably all read it."

"Kira's working on that."

•••

"Stiles says he can't find anything on the author. He thinks it's a pen name."

"In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists known only as the Dread Doctors." Lydia read off the back of the book.

"Sounds vaguely familiar. How does it end?"

"It doesn't. This is supposed to be volume one."

"Oh, let me guess..." The Martin trailed off, "There is no volume two?"

"I think we're living volume two."

"Then maybe the real question is... Is this a novel or someone's prediction?"

•••

Turns out the Dread Doctors book just so happened to be dedicated to the weirdo doctor from Eichen House, who just so happened to now be locked up in Eichen House. Unfortunately, Ryder had a heart and didn't want her 'colleagues' going to a place she was convinced was haunted.

Scott and Kira would be there but she was sure that if they got attacked, Kira would get blindsided and Scott wouldn't fight to his full potential. Isaac would also be going, which meant she had a bit of company incase things got awkward, however Austin was stubborn and refused to let his girlfriend go without him.