mexico

Welcome Back!!!

Austin was positively upset.

Today just so happened to be his seventeenth birthday, Ryder's having been just a few days before his on the fifteenth of December.

While he expected to spend his birthday with Ryder's family, Bobby and his mom, he would be spending it in Mexico.

A lot of people would be happy about that.

Not him.

He would be spending his birthday in Mexico, searching for Derek Hale. All while being crammed in the backseat of Stiles' small ass jeep.

His mood may have been the slightest bit different if everyone agreed that he could take his own car, piling one or two girls in his backseat so they weren't so close together, but Stiles insisted that it would only make things harder.

He heavily pointed out that if things went south and they got chased down, it would better if everyone was together rather than in two separate vehicles. He didn't want anyone getting lost, 'safety in numbers', his words.

Lydia was on Austin's side when it came to the driving situation, not fully enjoying her spot on Kira's lap, having to raise a hand to the roof to avoid bashing her head in.

Their newest pack member, Malia, didn't seem to have much of an issue with the seating arrangements, having just spoke the entire ride to notice what was going on.

And Ryder, poor, sweet Ryder.

The girl had done so much to comfort Austin from her spot on his lap, doing a decent job as his mood would lift every time she said something to him. But, dear God, was she going crazy over the sound of Malia's voice. She had only ever heard one other person talk so much, and that person was preparing for her first day of high school.

Josie and Malia got along quite easily despite their obvious differences.

Malia spent a lot of time at the girls house, saying everyone once in a while how she just liked being around Ryder and Josie.

If she wasn't with them, she was with Stiles, probably scratching up his back.

Not much has really changed since the deaths of Allison and Aiden.

Ryder noticed that they tended to pretend nothing happened. She couldn't blame them but she wondered how Allison would feel to know that no one bothered to even give her a funeral. Call her dramatic but if Ryder died and found out that no one gave her a funeral, she'd haunt everyone that was involved.